All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am slowly making my way through "Dogs Don't Lie," the first of the Pru Marlowe series. It is excellent, but it is not a cozy, per se. It's noir, very good, there is a wise old Queen cat who can communicate telepathically with Pru (well, Pru hears all animals, but she and Wallis have this down to a fine art, and actually conversations more than impressions). I really like the book, and am looking forward to the entire series, but I may have to temporarily abandon it for lighter reading for a few more weeks! Not to fret, there are MANY good cozy series on my shelves that I won't mind re-reading!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I did manage to finish "Cats Can't Shoot," but have now set the series aside until my concentration improves some more. It was a little deep for me right now. I did read Jana DeLeon's Frightfully Fortune, #20 in the series, and was yet again laughing out loud. I'll only say one thing about the book...LOTS of pink glitter and a skunk. I'm currently re-reading The Bad Luck Cat series by Kay Finch, having started on "Black Cat Crossing." Easier for me to follow just now.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I just finished Andy Weir’s latest: Project Hail Mary. He’s the author of The Martian which I thoroughly enjoyed (I liked the movie, too, which is rare). I really like his main characters’ internal dialogues with themselves. Quirky, humorous, honest. I love the creativity and problem-solving ability of the main character in each book.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, and I'm now on "The Black Cat Breaks a Mirror," the last of the Bad Luck Cat series. I just ordered "Mean and Shellfish," which I believe will be the last of the Tamar Myers' Pennsylvania Dutch mystery series.

suzeanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just finished the Poppy War series by R.F Kuang. It's really good. It's kind of Harry Potter meets Avatar The Last Airbender meets Game of Thrones. There's a side story from one of the character's point of view on the author's web site.
I also just finished this series! Binged it over a week since I had a few vacation days. I enjoyed it a lot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the first person in line at the library for The Forest of Vanishing Stars by Kristen Harmel
It has rave reviews

EDIT I am also number 1 The Exiles by Christina Baker Kline

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm reading Rebecca Hale's "How To" mystery series. There are two adorable van cats, the svelt and ladylike Isabella, and the plump and somewhat scatterbrained Rupert.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've made it through "How to Wash a Cat," and "Nine Lives Last Forever," and am now reading "How to Moon a Cat." I'm so in love with the portly, irascible and grumpy Rupert! He reminds me a lot of Hek in some ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.