All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, looks like we may need a Harry Potter thread! I'd be there!

I'm going to finish "Executive Order 14900" when I go to bed, then start on "Primal Waters," the next Meg book.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
your fine ... i like lord of the rings too .. favorite character is legolas
1605794329965.png

Whoever looked at Orlando Bloom and thought, blond, blue-eyed elf was a genius.

STILL reading "Primal Waters." I can only take so many whale calves being eaten before I need a break.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The Yorkshire Ripper, Peter Sutcliffe, died of Covid-19 on Friday. Few, if any, will mourn his passing.
Peter Sutcliffe, Yorkshire Ripper, dies aged 74
I've decided to reread a book about him and his vile crimes, Somebody's Husband, Somebody's Son: The Story of the Yorkshire Ripper by Gordon Burn, which I recall as being well researched.
I've finished this and discovered another book that focuses on the victims, rather than the killer:
Somebody's Mother, Somebody's Daughter: True Stories from Victims and Survivors of the Yorkshire Ripper by Carol Ann Lee. There were so many of them. :bawling: Thirteen girls and women were murdered, and many of the seven known survivors were horrendously injured and never fully recovered.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
STILL trying to get through "Primal Waters." It really is a good book, but I could stand less focus on horrible deaths, and more on the people, and the shark itself, physiology, etc. I had already ordered "Hell's Aquarium" before I started reading the series. I think I may abandon the series after this. I DO, however, want to read "The Loch" and "VOSTOK," about the Loch Ness Monster.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I was able to get Obama's book "A Promised Land," my library system has a thing called Lucky Day where they have best sellers and high demand books and DVD's in a certain space in the library where you walk in to get them. Can't put a hold on these particular copies, or renew them.
I haven't read anything by him before but thought I'd read this one.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was able to get Obama's book "A Promised Land," my library system has a thing called Lucky Day where they have best sellers and high demand books and DVD's in a certain space in the library where you walk in to get them. Can't put a hold on these particular copies, or renew them.
I haven't read anything by him before but thought I'd read this one.
I have Obama's book too, as I lucked out and saw it on the library's website when it was first put there, so was one of the first 35 to request it. I haven't started it yet, but hope it's as interesting as Michelle's book.

Status
Not open for further replies.