All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a true crime book. Deadly American Beauty by John Glatt. In the early 2000s Kristin Rossum
was convicted of killing her husband by poisoning him wih Fentanyl. She was a toxicologist at the
San Diego Coroner's Office She was having an affair with her boss. It will be a quick read.

Will start Where the Crawdads Sing and finish Home Before Dark.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of him before. It took them 4 months to arrest her. She made it look like a suicide. They both loved the movie American Beauty, hence the rose petals scattered around the room where they found his body; and she was very beautiful.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Still reading "The Trench." I'll finish it later tonight, and start on "Primal Waters." I may have to wait a bit before starting "Hell's Aquarium." I'll need a break from the "almost everyone gets eaten."

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished Where the Crawdads Sing. Really enjoyed it, and recommend it.

Not sure what's up next.

I do have A Promised Land, Barack Obama's new book, on hold with my library. I'm #5 on 35 copies, so will get it as soon as it is released, which is supposed to be Nov 16th, so maybe I'll go back to my cozy mystery series, and read the next one, which was Footprints in the Ferns and see what's going on with Doreen and her menagerie of animals, while I wait..

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finished "Meg: The Trench," but I need a break before starting "Primal Waters." SO...of course, for my "break," I chose "Executive Order 14900" by Gary A. Keel. It's basically about a megalomaniac President who is setting up a dictatorship, and who has sent the army to attack the Constitutional Congress that is trying desperately to stop him. The Congress is being protected by the National Guard, under orders from the Governors, who are all trying to maintain the Democratic Republic. I'm not that far into it, yet, but it is gripping. And a bit terrifying!

When I finish this, and then "Primal Waters," I think I'll re-read Mary Stewart's Arthurian cycle. THAT, at least, is reasonably peaceful, and even the wars are so far in the past as to be unalarming!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
i have 2 chapters left to read before i start the 3rd year book . i have the movies too
Like rubysmama rubysmama , I really started to enjoy the series with the third book, The Prisoner of Azkaban, when it became less geared towards children. Each book gets a bit longer, "darker", and more involved than the last. I was afraid I wouldn't enjoy the movies, since they obviously couldn't include everything that was in the books, but that wasn't the case at all. The casting was superb, too, as were the "creatures".

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Like rubysmama rubysmama , I really started to enjoy the series with the third book, The Prisoner of Azkaban, when it became less geared towards children. Each book gets a bit longer, "darker", and more involved than the last. I was afraid I wouldn't enjoy the movies, since they obviously couldn't include everything that was in the books, but that wasn't the case at all. The casting was superb, too, as were the "creatures".
i have both the books and the movies ... who was your favorite actor /actress in the movies ? i liked professor magonagall ( sp?)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
i have both the books and the movies ... who was your favorite actor /actress in the movies ? i liked professor magonagall ( sp?)
I had the books, but gave them away. I still have the movies, and must watch them again over the winter. My favourite character was Sirius Black. But I also liked Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall, and of the course, Harry, Ron and Hermione.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the books, but gave them away. I still have the movies, and must watch them again over the winter. My favourite character was Sirius Black. But I also liked Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall, and of the course, Harry, Ron and Hermione.
One of mine was Snape actually. And the actor who played him in the movies. Then Dumbledore, Hagrid, then there was Crookshanks and Hermione, Dobby, Ron, Prof. McGonagall- oh too many!

Status
Not open for further replies.