All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am STILL plowing through "Rage!" I can only take so much at a time. I will be ordering "Where the Crawdads Sing" on the 3rd of November, when my check comes in.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked it. It differed from many true crime books in that the main emphasis wasn't on the investigation and legal wranglings, but on the perpetrator's psyche. There have been so many cases of pregnant women being murdered by their intimate partners, e.g., Laci Peterson, Carol Stuart. This murder was especially chilling because not only did Watts murder his wife and the child she was carrying, but also their two little girls.
Oh that guy! Happened in my neck of the woods. Not right near me but sure saw the news coverage. I didn't realize there was a book.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm starting "The Silent Patient" tonight. In the mood for another thriller.
Ah!!! I love that book!! Betcha can't guess the ending, ha!!

I wanted to read something scary so I'm reading Transmission on my Fire. It's a quick read and I don't
think it was ever published in book form. One of those .99 cents from Kindle.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
The November 2 issue of TIME magazine had an article naming the 100 best fantasy books of all time going all the way back to the 9th century and The Arabian Nights to 2020’s “Woven in Moonlight” by Isabel Ibañez. It’s a phenomenal list and has given me a lot of new books to explore! It’s hard to believe how old some of the classics are like Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland (1865!), the Oz books (early 1900s), Tolkien’s mid-1950s “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy, L’Engle’s “A Wrinkle in Time” (1962), and more.
The 100 Best Fantasy Books of All Time

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
The November 2 issue of TIME magazine had an article naming the 100 best fantasy books of all time going all the way back to the 9th century and The Arabian Nights to 2020’s “Woven in Moonlight” by Isabel Ibañez. It’s a phenomenal list and has given me a lot of new books to explore! It’s hard to believe how old some of the classics are like Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland (1865!), the Oz books (early 1900s), Tolkien’s mid-1950s “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy, L’Engle’s “A Wrinkle in Time” (1962), and more.
The 100 Best Fantasy Books of All Time
It was nice to read that list. I've read some of them, and "The Crystal Cave" was on there- one of my favorite books. And there are 2 more in that series.
Thanks for ideas of what to read!

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Ah!!! I love that book!! Betcha can't guess the ending, ha!!

I wanted to read something scary so I'm reading Transmission on my Fire. It's a quick read and I don't
think it was ever published in book form. One of those .99 cents from Kindle.
I guessed some of it! Not all of it for sure!!! Good thriller book and escape.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
"Where the Crawdads Sing" arrived today, and I'll be starting it tonight. LOL, I just finished "Meg," and let me say, it did keep me distracted.

"The Crystal Cave" was on there- one of my favorite books.
I love that book. In fact, I love Stewart's entire Arthurian cycle. My only quibble is, invariably, some little wanna-be witch will chirp, "Calling fire is the first magic to come, and the last to leave!" BS, and the WHOLE THING STARTED with that book! Darn it, Mary, you couldn't have come up with anything else remotely more plausible? But not her fault that idiots take fiction for reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.