All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished The Night Tiger by Yangsze Choo. I really liked how the author mixed in Asian beliefs and I also liked the mystery. I just didn't like the romance. The man seemed so... possessive of the main character. He'd say things like "I'll make you mine" or "I will seduce you." He also tired to pressure the main character to do things that she wasn't ready for. :nono:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm currently re-reading an old favorite from way back, "The Man Who Listens to Horses" by Monty Roberts. I can remember my first reading of this book, and how it changed everything for me concerning horses. Why everyone doesn't use his methods of starting horses is beyond me. It makes sense to me that "working with" beats "forcing to" all to pieces.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've started re-reading James Herriot's "All Creatures Great and Small." I went on a binge, and got ALL of his books! I should have started with "If Only They Could Talk," which is his first book, but it came after the rest. No matter. It's all true stories of a small village Yorkshire vet many, many years ago, and all filled will warmth and wonderful things. Some sadness...any vet has their share of sadness, but I love his works. This has been like sitting down with an old friend whom you haven't seen in ages. I'm loving catching up!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The Tygrine Cat (The Tygrine Cat #1) by Inbali Iserles
The Tygrine Cat (The Tygrine Cat, #1)
Feline lovers and fantasy fans will go for this high-suspense tale of a cat with ancient powers who must save a feral clan.
Alone and lost, a young cat called Mati is struggling to be accepted by a colony of street cats in the bustling marketplace at Cressida Lock. What Mati doesn’t know is that he is the last of a vital, age-old breed and that a mysterious feline assassin named Mithos is close on his trail. With his enemy nearing, can Mati learn to harness his ancient powers — before a deadly feline force destroys both him and his newfound friends and takes the spirit of every cat on earth?

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just getting the chance to listen to the audiobook - The Killer Across the Table: Unlocking the Secrets of Serial Killers and Predators with the FBI's Original Mindhunter by John E. Douglas.
I had it downloaded for when I was working away, but didn’t get a chance to listen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Just getting the chance to listen to the audiobook - The Killer Across the Table: Unlocking the Secrets of Serial Killers and Predators with the FBI's Original Mindhunter by John E. Douglas.
I had it downloaded for when I was working away, but didn’t get a chance to listen.
I would love to read that! So interesting!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still rereading in a dark, dark, wood by Ruth Ware, then onto Riley Sager's new one, Home Before Dark and B.A. Paris's The Dilemma, which both have holds so must read quickly.. Then will reread The Godfather and October's Book, Killing Me Softly.

Have holds on:

Rage

Disloyal
The Killer Across the Table thanks miss eveliina miss eveliina !

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm still strolling thought "All Creatures Great and Small," not rushing, enjoying visiting with old friends again. Such a gentle, warm sense of humor! I know at least three people who were inspired to go into veterinary medicine by these books.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
I've started re-reading James Herriot's "All Creatures Great and Small." I went on a binge, and got ALL of his books! I should have started with "If Only They Could Talk," which is his first book, but it came after the rest. No matter. It's all true stories of a small village Yorkshire vet many, many years ago, and all filled will warmth and wonderful things. Some sadness...any vet has their share of sadness, but I love his works. This has been like sitting down with an old friend whom you haven't seen in ages. I'm loving catching up!
those are some awesome books there ! i used to watch the tv series years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.