All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a little more than halfway through Rage by Bob Woodward. It's very well written and researched, but due to the subject-matter I can only take it in small doses. :cringe:

Anyone calling it a "liberal hit job" either has not actually read it or is somebody whose judgment you really shouldn't put any stock in, or both. His own words and actions show that the "leader of the free world" is a far sicker and more dangerous individual than his niece's book painted him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to start Home Before Dark by Riley Sager. I began reading it on Fire but I'll
read the hard copy on deck.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've started "Disloyal," finally it's been sitting here for several days while I finished other books that were more pressing (book clubs and such). I'm about 1/4 in, and it's...eye-opening. Mr. Cohen doesn't try to justify anything, nor does he make excuses, and I give him credit for that. He has a LOT of atoning to do. I only hope that he is serious about doing so. I'm willing to actually give him a chance, but will be watching him like a hawk.

I'll be ordering "Rage" when I get my check in October. I could save a bit ordering on Kindle, but I have 4 people here in my complex who want to borrow it, and I'd rather risk a hard copy than my reader!

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
from our collection :)
Guardian Cats and the Lost Books of Alexandria by Rahma Krambo
Guardian Cats and the Lost Books of Alexandria
When the Library of Alexandria was reduced to ashes by men who feared the power of words and ideas, Akeel, the Master Librarian risked his life to save a handful of rare mystical books. To protect them from falling into the hands of those who would destroy or misuse them, Akeel appointed the library cats, the very ones who followed him out of the burning building, to guard the ancient books of power. Centuries later, successors of these literary felines faithfully remain at their posts.
This is the story of two cats, one elder Guardian, painfully aware his days are numbered-- troubled he’s not found a worthy heir. And Marco, an intrepid young house cat out on his own for the first time, who finds refuge in the public library.
A contemporary setting with a trip back in time to the Library of Alexandria, this is a tale of an unlikely hero who faces very human dilemmas and insurmountable odds.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have made it to the halfway mark, almost. Still not to the presidency, yet, but DEAR HEAVENS, what went on!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Down to the last quarter of "Disloyal." DEAR GOD WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS! I'm happy to say that Cohen does come across as genuinely remorseful. He has a lot of amends to make. Mostly to his family.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Down to the last quarter of "Disloyal." DEAR GOD WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS! I'm happy to say that Cohen does come across as genuinely remorseful. He has a lot of amends to make. Mostly to his family.
I reserved it from the library and I am first on the list although it hasn't arrived yet. I found
that strange, then I began pondering.......is it because my city is a red city (mostly), or just
a fluke? Maybe people think of him as a traitor to the commandant?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm at the part where the kids are worried about the damage his announcement of running for president was doing to the company.

And also where Michael Cohen's family is disgusted and wants him to quit and get another job. So, yeah, lots of amends to make to his family.

OH OH OH! Almost discussion time at the Book of the Month thread! YAY!
Can't wait to read everyone's opinions/reviews. :)

im getting closer to the second harry potter book in my collection
Chamber of Secrets
Have you read them before? If not, must warn you, the books get MUCH longer towards the end of the series.

I reserved it from the library and I am first on the list although it hasn't arrived yet. I found
that strange, then I began pondering.......is it because my city is a red city (mostly), or just
a fluke? Maybe people think of him as a traitor to the commandant?
The e-book is also on Hoopa, Mia6 Mia6 , if you want to be able to read it on your Fire as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.