All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have so many books on my tablet and tangible books that I own. My mind is all over the place lately
and I'm having a difficult time concentrating so I'm going to try perhaps reading something I've
already read.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Year-Round Trouble
14 talented mystery authors team up with Trouble, the black cat detective, to take a whirlwind tour of mystery locales—and holidays—across the country and the calendar. In this unique collection of original stories, the black cat shows his charm and sass as he works with cozy sleuths you know and love!

From facing down the spirits of Halloween with a Maine Coon Cat named Diesel in Mississippi to Christmas in Taos, Trouble is on the prowl for arch criminals, and he’s never needed the skills he learned from watching Benedict Cumberbatch on the telly as Sherlock Holmes more.

Join the wise-cracking cat and a host of “biped” sleuths for a romp across the mystery map—where he works with only the finest amateur sleuths to bring justice.

Authors are Ritter Ames, Rebecca Barrett, Susan Boles, Pamela Sue DuMond, Caroline Fardig, Carolyn Haines, Miranda James, Ava Mallory, Claire Matturro, Joanne Pence, Larissa Reinhart, Connie Shelton, Susan Y. Tanner, Jaden Terrell.

Read the stories all at once—or savor them as each holiday approaches! Just remember: Life is never the same when Trouble takes a holiday!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We really must discuss your definition of "light reading" at some point...
I haven't gotten very far in my "light reading". It wasn't, obviously, light reading, but it wasn't even a quick read, so I probably won't be continuing.

I'm now reading Andrea Barber's memoir Full Circle. She's an actress, for anyone who doesn't recognize her name, and is most known for her role as Kimmy Gibler on "Full House" back in the late 80's to mid 90's, and the recent reboot "Fuller House". It's available through HOOPLA, btw.

I also remember her as the first Carrie Brady on Days of Our Lives, back in the early 80's. Her first day on set, was her 6th birthday, and they had a birthday cake for her.
1585312715061.png

My hold for Christmas Shopaholic also came in, so I may start reading that. I'm not a big fan of reading Christmas books when it's not Christmas season, but maybe right now the silly antics of Becky is exactly what I need.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm now reading Andrea Barber's memoir Full Circle. She's an actress, for anyone who doesn't recognize her name, and is most known for her role as Kimmy Gibler on "Full House" back in the late 80's to mid 90's, and the recent reboot "Fuller House". It's available through HOOPLA, btw.
Wowza, Kimmy! Does she still act?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WHAT? THEY WROTE A BOOK ABOUT ME?
LOL. It's a cute series. It starts out being mostly focused on her shopping "addiction", but as the books continue, it becomes more abour her life and her family and friends.

Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella

Wowza, Kimmy! Does she still act?
She hadn't acted since Full House ended, but did sign on for the re-boot. I haven't seen Fuller House, but found this youtube clip:

So how's everyone doing these days? Finding time to read? I have the time, but find it hard to focus sometimes, however, a good book is a great way to get your mind off current news for a while, so I am trying to keep myself motivated to read.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
So how's everyone doing these days? Finding time to read? I have the time, but find it hard to focus sometimes,
I have the time but as you, I'm finding it hard to focus. I have You Belong to Me by Mary Higgins Clarke. I was
never a huge fan because I felt her books were too predictable but maybe that's exactly what I need for now.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm spending more time following Covid-19 coverage and reading fewer books.

The Candy Cards: The Shocking Story of Dean Corll was the last book I finished. The descriptions in it were a bit too graphic for my taste, but not as bad as some of Robert Brown's others. His true crime books concentrate on the crimes themselves rather than the trials and delve into the perpetrators' backgrounds.

Next up is
The Acid Alchemist, about John George Haigh, the UK's "Acid Bath Killer".

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
jcat jcat 's books make my Spanish Flu pandemic book sound not quite so morbid. I returned it btw. Really wasn't in the mood, even though it was interesting comparing now to then.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading a book called Trim, the Cartographer's Cat. Two of my favorite subjects: cats and cartography. It's actually pretty enjoyable because it's basically the biography of the cat written by the cartographer, Matthew Flinders, in the late 1700s and it reads how you would expect a cat lover would describe their favorite cat. Even for something written over 200 years ago I've been finding it kind of hilarious.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still trying to get interested in reading something but I'm distracted. I have many psychological thrillers
downloaded and others.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've finished off the Aunt Dimity series! Well, I don't have the newest one, I'll wait for it to come out in paperback. I'm going to start the next of the Miss Fortune series, "Swamp Team Three" because I need to LOL some, THEN I'll read the April 2020 read for TCS, and THEN I'll start on "The Cat Who." I have ALL of those, plus the short story collections! That should keep me out of trouble and off the streets until at least the first week in May!

Status
Not open for further replies.