All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just a FYI that some of us are reading "The Housekeeper" by Natalie Barelli as our March Book of the Month. Everyone is welcome to read along with us, as well as join in the discussion. Here's the link to the thread where you'll find more info: March 2020 Book of the Month Club

I enjoyed it, and will have to read another book by her some day. Just so many books, and only so much time. :lol:

Funny you should mention a cat or dog cozy mystery, as we're contemplating picking a cat one for a future book club read. We might need you or Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 to help us pick a good one. :lovecat:
we can also recommend a book about cats :)

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
this book combines a detective story, a love story and a magical story :) but the main thing in it is the establishment of interconnection and understanding between people and cats :) you will look at your cats and expect them to turn into people or just start talking with you :) although they do it in our thoughts, which we take for great ideas :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
this book combines a detective story, a love story and a magical story :) but the main thing in it is the establishment of interconnection and understanding between people and cats :) you will look at your cats and expect them to turn into people or just start talking with you :) although they do it in our thoughts, which we take for great ideas :)
Sounds like a good book!!

I just downloaded on Fire, You Belong to Me by Mary Higgins Clark. I also reserved Where are the Children?, her first book.
Her books are very predictable but for now that's ok. A book that sounded amazing was on sale for $.79 cents so I was going to buy it then at the bottom it read SCENES of TORTURE, nope, will not read anything like that.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just downloaded on Fire, You Belong to Me by Mary Higgins Clark. I also reserved Where are the Children?, her first book.
Her books are very predictable but for now that's ok.
I read both of those years ago. And, yes, her books are predictable, but sometimes that's a good thing.

I finished Double Take the other night. It was ok, for a YA book.

Now I've started The Housekeeper. I'll post my comments about it in the March 2020 Book of the Month Club thread.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I read that book back when it first came out, and adored it! It is on my shelves now, The cats of the Joe Grey mystery series by the same author are the descendants of Catswold cats, actually. You might enjoy that series, as well. There are several references to things in "The Catswold Portal" sprinkled throughout the Joe Grey books.

I'm still reading the Aunt Dimity series. #10 now, "Aunt Dimity and the Next of Kin." I really love this series. No cats, but lots of fun!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking about reading The Dream House by Jess Ryder. Mush read it recently and said it was good.
I have so many books on my tablet! How many books does it hold??

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking about reading The Dream House by Jess Ryder. Mush read it recently and said it was good.
I have so many books on my tablet! How many books does it hold??
It depends on their length and your storage capacity. They're stored in the cloud, so you can remove them from your device and just download them again if you want to reread them.

I'm reading Careless Whiskers (Cat in the Stacks #12) but just can't get into this one.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I read that book back when it first came out, and adored it! It is on my shelves now, The cats of the Joe Grey mystery series by the same author are the descendants of Catswold cats, actually. You might enjoy that series, as well. There are several references to things in "The Catswold Portal" sprinkled throughout the Joe Grey books.

I'm still reading the Aunt Dimity series. #10 now, "Aunt Dimity and the Next of Kin." I really love this series. No cats, but lots of fun!
we also adore all the books about Joe Grеy and the dilogy about Lee Fontana :) did you read it? :)

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
we also adore all the books about Joe Grеy and the dilogy about Lee Fontana :) did you read it? :)
I did! And thoroughly enjoyed them. I'm hoping for one more Joe Grey, at least, although Ms. Murphy is well into her 90's now, and slowing down.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm started reading TWO books..."Aunt Dimity Goes West," AND "Chasing the Dragon: How to Win the War on Drugs." That second one is for a local book club that I am co-founder of. I should finish it tonight with any luck, and can get started on the March read here! I seem to spend a lot of time reading three books at once! Thankfully, they are generally very different genres,so it isn't TOO confusing.

OH...remember how I lamented that there wasn't a cat in the Aunt Dimity series? TAKEN CARE OF! The family has acquired a feline named Stanley. Life is good.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've finished The Housekeeper. It was a really quick read, and I loved the twists. Only one thing that I wish the author had omitted, which I will mention in the discussion thread, but other than that, it was a "thrilling" read.

I've now started Come from Away by Canadian author Genevieve Graham. The book takes place during WWII in a small town in Canada.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just finished another Jeffrey Archer book, Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less. I might not like him as a person but he is an excellent story teller. I've got one more of his I'm going to start then by the weekend the Book Club book The Housekeeper should be here.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've nearly finished "Chasing the Dragon." It's been a very good read, if a tiny bit dry. Dan Addario has been working narcotics, first as a police officer, then with the US government, for decades. He was actually with one of the precursors to the DEA, then with the DEA in Argentina and the "Golden Triangle." He now works with the mayor of New Bern on that town's Drug Task Force as an advisor. He lost his eldest son to opiods, so this work is very near his heart. He is one of the local authors that I was able to meet at our first HOLLER! book club meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.