All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Has anybody been reading the Bellingwood series, by Diane Greenwood Muir? One of my GFs loves the series and she suggested that I try the books out. I had gotten books 1, 2, and 3, and then 7, 8, and 9 through one of the free book sites (It might have been Freebooksy). Finished 1, 2, and 3 and now she's loaned me 4, 5, and 6 through Amazon loan. It's good and I like the books, but I think there are 27 books total. That's a lot of books!

Still reading Crooked River, but I'm going to stop until I get the Bellingwood books that I have finished. I also found Clive Cussler's Final Option at the farmers' market yesterday (for $2.50 in hard cover), so that's on my reading list.

Ebooks from the library:
Something in the Water - Catherine Steadman
The 19th Christmas - James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
City of Ghosts - Victoria Schwab (It's more of a YA series)
Plaid and Plagiarism - Molly Macrae

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
such books were and will be at any time :( unfortunately, the priority is not the transfer of knowledge itself, but the extraction of maximum profit from it :(
Yes, there are some popular authors who rest on their laurels....sigh
I can think of quite a few authors who are resting on their laurels. Janet Evanovich comes to mind, for example.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm still reading The Last Time I Lied. Really enjoying it.

Has anybody been reading the Bellingwood series, by Diane Greenwood Muir?
I've never heard of the series, or the author. Just checked and my library doesn't have anything at all by her, in either e-books or real books. :ohwell:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Has anybody been reading the Bellingwood series, by Diane Greenwood Muir? One of my GFs loves the series and she suggested that I try the books out. I had gotten books 1, 2, and 3, and then 7, 8, and 9 through one of the free book sites (It might have been Freebooksy).
I read quite a few of them that I got as freebies. I enjoyed the characters, but the endings were so "too good to be true" that I wasn't tempted to spend money on reading the rest of the series.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anybody been reading the Bellingwood series, by Diane Greenwood Muir?
I haven't

we didn’t mean fiction :) the longer the better there :) and thirty volumes - why not? :) of course, we would like to read something not just long, but also high-quality :)
What are some of the authors you are referring to?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm probably way behind, but I heard Mary Higgins Clarke died. I read her first book about 3 months after it was first published. Another author I like, gone. I guess when you get older, more of your friends are getting buried than married.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just googled, and you're right, she died on January 31, 2020. She was 92 years old.

I used to read her books all the time, and Where are the Children, was the first one I ever read of hers. Don't remember, though, when I read it, but it was probably close to it's initial publication date, as I remember buying her new books as they were released for a while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I just googled, and you're right, she died on January 31, 2020. She was 92 years old.

I used to read her books all the time, and Where are the Children, was the first one I ever read of hers. Don't remember, though, when I read it, but it was probably close to it's initial publication date, as I remember buying her new books as they were released for a while.
I didn't realize she was 92. One of my faves of hers was made into a made for tv movie, You Belong to Me.
I love the song as well.

You Belong to Me

some of the lyrics

See the pyramids along the Nile
Watch the sun rise on a tropic isle
Just remember, darling, all the while
You belong to me.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise