Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You killed it. But then revived it. So all good. :lol:

So just reading on the Kindle, or all electronic devices? :hmmm:

So, speaking of Kindle, my Kindle Fire 8 arrived yesterday. :woohoo:
I haven't done a whole lot with it yet, but no complaints yet.

As for reading, I had an appointment this AM, and had to wait a LONG time, so started and got halfway through the Demi Moore book. Another celebrity with a dysfunctional childhood and adult life. :(
I'm glad you like your Kindle. I love mine.

Yeah, she certainly did.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm glad you like your Kindle. I love mine.
I really do love it. :redheartpump: So glad you guys encouraged me to buy it. :)

So ... sorry to keep spamming about our Book Club, but for anyone with an e-reader, who has been on the fence about reading our February book "The Last Time I Lied", Bookbub currently has it on sale for the low, low price of $1.99 !!!!

Bookbub link: The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager is only $1.99 - BookBub

1580391437216.png

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I really do love it. :redheartpump: So glad you guys encouraged me to buy it. :)

So ... sorry to keep spamming about our Book Club, but for anyone with an e-reader, who has been on the fence about reading our February book "The Last Time I Lied", Bookbub currently has it on sale for the low, low price of $1.99 !!!!

Bookbub link: The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager is only $1.99 - BookBub

1580391437216.png
Yep...that's what snagged me in! Not that I have a Kindle, but I DO have the Kindle app on my laptop, so I'm SET!

I'm currently reading "Call of the Cats," by Andrew Bloomfield. It is about his life with a colony of ferals...honest, loving, caring, but doesn't look away from the hard parts. I'm enthralled with this one!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
"Call of the Cats" was incredible! I suggest it for anyone involved with ferals, or who just loved cats!

I started on "The Tale Teller" last night, but think I'll put it aside for a few days and work on my two book club books!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
So I need to find my Kindle, I've looked everywhere. The cover is bright pink so it should be very
visible. Didn't take it anywhere, hmmmmm...

EDIT: Found Kindle! It was underneath a box of Puffs on my bed. I panicked before I began looking
and wondered if I would have to go through rubbish in the bin, gross. When I was walking down the
steps I smelled farts, it was Cal, farting in her sleep, ha!! I'm back beside her and oh my, need a mask! :lol:

Last edited:

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Charlie Harris and his Maine Coon cat, Diesel, are busy decking the halls for the holidays when an unexpected delivery and a shocking murder conspire to shake up the season in this all new installment of the New York Times bestselling series.

December twenty-fifth is right around the corner, and Charlie is making his list and checking it twice. He is doing his best to show some peace and goodwill toward his nosy neighbor Gerry Arbitron, a real estate agent who seems to have designs on his house (and maybe on him, as well), while preparing for a very important role, indeed—his first Christmas as a grandfather.

The last thing Charlie expects is to gain several new additions to his family. Charlie finds a box on his doorstep with five kittens inside and a note begging him to keep them safe. With Diesel's help, Charlie welcomes the tiny felines into the Harris household just as Gerry decides it is time to throw a lavish holiday party.

Determined to make her mark on Athena, Gerry instead winds up dead at her very own party. Though attempts to dig into her past come up empty, Charlie and his girlfriend, Helen Louise, witness two heated exchanges involving Gerry before her death: one with a leading citizen and another with the wife of a good friend. Will one of these ladies wind up on the sheriff's naughty list? Charlie and Diesel have to wrap up the case before the special season is ruined by a sinister scrooge.

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
but think I'll put it aside for a few days and work on my two book club books!
"Two" book club books? Are you in another book club? Or are you reading 2 of our book club reads?

I finished Demi Moore's book the other day. Not sure what I'm going to read next. I know the logical choice is "The Last Time I Lied", but I waited too long to borrow it at the library, and I'm still # 3 of 7 copies. A couple days ago it said "2 week wait". Now it say "available soon", so I guess it'll be sooner than 2 weeks. Since we won't start discussing it till the 22nd, I've got time, and if I don't get it quickly, I can always buy it for $1.99 via Bookbub. :)

So... quick question for Kindle Fire owners. How low do you let the battery get before you recharge it?
I charged mine up to 100% when I got it on Monday, and it's down to 22% now, and not sure if I should let it get lower, or charge it now.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
"Two" book club books? Are you in another book club? Or are you reading 2 of our book club reads?
Yep, two book clubs. The one here, which I am just getting involved in, and a book club locally that a friend and I just started, focusing on local authors. We attend a luncheon held annually by the American Association of University Women (AAUW....can you say "AWWW!"), which each year introduces 10 local authors and their newest books. We draw our reading list from that. They've been doing this for THIRTEEN YEARS, and haven't repeated an author yet. WHO KNEW that North Carolina had such a surfeit of authors!

SO...tonight, I'll get back on my HOLLER! book, "The Diamond Trilogy" by Natalie Singletary. It isn't long, but was written in script form, so it's slower reading for me, then start on The Last Time I Lied! I can tell already about "Diamond" that if it ever goes on stage, I want tickets to see it performed!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
So... quick question for Kindle Fire owners. How low do you let the battery get before you recharge it?
I usually charge mine when it gets down to around 30%. It's set (Settings ---> Power) to automatically go into low power mode at 40%. The screen dims, and there's a pop-up alert.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
now try this series by the same author :)
Southern Ladies Mystery Series by Miranda James
in general, the series about Diesel disappointed us :( the author tries in vain to imitate her more successful female colleagues and does not know at all what to do with the cat :(
Aww.......I wanted to read Six Cats A Slayin' but I'll take your word that the series was a disappointment.
Maybe Southern Ladies new one will be better.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I charged mine up to 100% when I got it on Monday, and it's down to 22% now, and not sure if I should let it get lower, or charge it now.
I usually recharge at around 75% but I didn't know about the 40% option in settings that Trica posted about.
I think I never want to be in a really intense part of a book and have to recharge. The Last Time I Lied has
just arrived in hard copy from another library and I have it downloaded as well.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 That is so cool about your local authors and book club!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yep, two book clubs. The one here, which I am just getting involved in, and a book club locally that a friend and I just started, focusing on local authors. We attend a luncheon held annually by the American Association of University Women (AAUW....can you say "AWWW!"), which each year introduces 10 local authors and their newest books. We draw our reading list from that. They've been doing this for THIRTEEN YEARS, and haven't repeated an author yet. WHO KNEW that North Carolina had such a surfeit of authors!
That's really cool about all the North Carolina authors! Hope you'll get to meet some of them, maybe. Good luck with your book club as well. :)

I usually charge mine when it gets down to around 30%. It's set (Settings ---> Power) to automatically go into low power mode at 40%. The screen dims, and there's a pop-up alert.
It was down to 16% when I checked this morning. And it wasn't happy. It wouldn't turn to landscape view. And it had a red border on the top and bottom of the screen. I plugged it in right away, and it's been charging for a few hours now, and is up to 94%

I definitely won't wait that long again. And will also look into the "low power" mode setting. Thanks for telling us about it. Google wasn't finding anything helpful.

I usually recharge at around 75% but I didn't know about the 40% option in settings that Trica posted about.
I think I never want to be in a really intense part of a book and have to recharge.
That would be awful to be in the middle of a good book, and have the reader/tablet's battery run out.

Last night I was noticing the screen dimming a bit, and it seemed slower loading pages Guess the low battery was trying to get me to notice.

The Last Time I Lied has
just arrived in hard copy from another library and I have it downloaded as well.
I'm still 3 on 7 copies on the ebook at the library. May have to read something else while I wait.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mia, this is only our bias, do not listen to us :) you need to make your own opinion :) especially since the last book turned out to be much brighter than the previous ones thanks to the parallel story about kittens :)

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mia6, rubysmama, we never discharge below 50% and charge to full 100% :) this is necessary for the health and longevity of the battery :)

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished the fifth Anne of Green Gables book! Only three more to go!
The fifth book was definitely my favorite one in the series so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.