All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's why I think she'd be a great addition to our book club discussions. :read:
Thank you to both you and Mia6 Mia6 ! I just checked, and the February book is available on Kindle. I ordered it, went and looked, and it downloaded just fine! Now I just have to remember to open the app and actually read it!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you to both you and Mia6 Mia6 ! I just checked, and the February book is available on Kindle. I ordered it, went and looked, and it downloaded just fine! Now I just have to remember to open the app and actually read it!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Oh, don't worry, we won't let you forget to read it. :lol:

rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama Are you getting the Fire 10?
Mia6 Mia6 : just was backtracking and see I missed this from an earlier post. I'm almost sure I'm going to buy a Kindle Fire, just can't decide whether to go with a earlier and less expensive version, or the Fire 10. Wish I'd known about them back during the Black Friday and Boxing Day sales, as I think they were on sale. :ohwell:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've ordered a Kindle Fire !!!! I went onto Amazon today and the Fire 8 was on sale - 25% off. So I ordered it, and a case, for just over $100. So not too much if I find out it's not the type of tablet I need. And either way, I'll now be able to easily read Kindle books. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I've ordered a Kindle Fire !!!! I went onto Amazon today and the Fire 8 was on sale - 25% off. So I ordered it, and a case, for just over $100. So not too much if I find out it's not the type of tablet I need. And either way, I'll now be able to easily read Kindle books. :)
Yee-Haw!!!! My case is pink, what about yours? I'm so excited for you!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm headed across the pond again for The House On Cold Hill by Peter James. Mush has put in supplies
for me; tins of beans, brown sauce, brown bread, lots of bacon, gammon and Stilton, and chocolate mousses,
and those corned beef pies I've heard so much about.

EDIT: Mush's fave Chicken Chasseur (French Hunter's Chicken) - Eating European

Last edited:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finished Demi Moore's book. It was really good. She had a rough childhood/young adulthood and finally got a grip on it all. It's nice to see that she and Bruce Willis were able to maintain a friendship after their divorce since they had 3 kids together.
Does she say how or why she got into acting?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finished the Elton John book last night. Was a really honest and revealing book. Now I'm interested in seeing the Rocketman movie. Somehow I didn't clue in when it was in the theatres last year that it was about him. :rolleyes3:

I'm following in Kat0121 Kat0121 's footsteps, so next up for me is the Demi's book. I'm # 1 in line at the library for the e-book, so should have it in a day or so.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I finished the Elton John book last night. Was a really honest and revealing book. Now I'm interested in seeing the Rocketman movie. Somehow I didn't clue in when it was in the theatres last year that it was about him. :rolleyes3:

I'm following in Kat0121 Kat0121 's footsteps, so next up for me is the Demi's book. I'm # 1 in line at the library for the e-book, so should have it in a day or so.
I have it now, rubes, I started it but had to return as there was a hold. I just renewed it and it's a quick read.
When is your Fire arriving?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yeah he really didn't sugarcoat anything did he? I've always loved him. I want to see it too. I'll wait for it to hit Netflix though.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
It was the movie about Elton John that my old man recommended so highly, but I like books better. They take longer than movies and are harder to find and/or more expensive than TPBing movies so I really appreciate the positive review, rubysmama rubysmama . I hope you like your new Kindle and I'm biting my tongue just in case you don't, so feel free to hit me up for advice on an alternative ereader if you don't.

The Demi Moore book also looks interesting. I may skip February and try to get caught up with my TBR stack of nonfiction, since switching the furkids from prepared raw to DIY is financially necessary. I need to educate myself to be the best pet parent I can as well as shmoozing, lol.

But it really helped to be part of a book club and to share the different ways we all saw the same story and what we took away from it. Fiction is my true love, stories are the way the human mind passes along information, and believable characters are our best teachers.

So thank you for inviting me to join you. I'll be back and no more snobbery from me!

:grouphug:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When is your Fire arriving?
I don't a delivery date yet, but I think by the 29th. I could have gotten it faster if I'd started my month free Prime trial right away, but decided to wait till I could get more use out of Prime, and find out what all it offered.

Yeah he really didn't sugarcoat anything did he? I've always loved him. I want to see it too. I'll wait for it to hit Netflix though.
I, of course, knew a lot of his music, but was never a big fan, and in fact passed up the chance to see him in concert several years back. I'm glad I read the book, though, and will probably watch the movie sometime as well.

I hope you like your new Kindle and I'm biting my tongue just in case you don't, so feel free to hit me up for advice on an alternative ereader if you don't.
No worries. If nothing else I'll be able to read Kindle books. And hopefully use it to do other things as well. And the price was so much less than a i-pad,or even an android tablet.

I may skip February and try to get caught up with my TBR stack of nonfiction, since switching the furkids from prepared raw to DIY is financially necessary. I need to educate myself to be the best pet parent I can as well as shmoozing, lol.
Understand. Those TBR stacks keep growing, don't they.

But it really helped to be part of a book club and to share the different ways we all saw the same story and what we took away from it. Fiction is my true love, stories are the way the human mind passes along information, and believable characters are our best teachers.
Glad you joined our January book club read. Your input helped make the thread more interesting, so I hope you'll be able to join us another month.

Curious ... do you have an e-reader, or do you just read actual books?

Status
Not open for further replies.