All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Reading a VERY old favorite, "Ariel," by Steven Boyette. And it has the "new" afterword. I first read it way back in 1983, and have enjoyed it several times since. It's about a boy and his unicorn, and what happens when the boy, inevitably, becomes a man.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Reading a VERY old favorite, "Ariel," by Steven Boyette. And it has the "new" afterword. I first read it way back in 1983, and have enjoyed it several times since. It's about a boy and his unicorn, and what happens when the boy, inevitably, becomes a man.
I don’t think I’ve read it. I’ll check it out! I read “The Last Unicorn” by Peter Beagle many, many years ago...and more than once.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don’t think I’ve read it. I’ll check it out! I read “The Last Unicorn” by Peter Beagle many, many years ago...and more than once.
I love Beagle. My favorite is "The Folk of the Air." There's a man searching for himself in his old college town, his best friend, an old ex flame who becomes a new...something, a fictionalized version of the Society for Creative Anachronism, a cowardly dog who is more than she seems, and a Goddess. In California, of course, where such things are perfectly normal and expected

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
"Christmas Cats" was an utterly charming and quick read! Perfect for curling up with on a cold winter's night! I've now moved on to "Origin," by Dan Brown. I love the Brown books. Robert Langdon is such an interesting character, and the books themselves are thought-provoking. LOL, I remember all the uproar over The Da Vinci Code, with people screaming that some of the landmarks were in the wrong place or facing the wrong direction, or that this, that or the other wasn't correct...and my answer to all of that was, "HEY...IT IS FICTION! It is meant to entertain, which it does quite well, not to educate! Get over yourselves!"

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Now I've started another one from Hoopla - The Christmas Joy Ride. It looks like a short, fun Christmas book. 🎄
Yes, I quoted myself, LOL. Couldn't get into that book. And now Christmas is over, no interest at all.

After searching my library site for something interesting, I finally borrowed Someone We Know. It's pretty good, so far.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I quoted myself, LOL. Couldn't get into that book. And now Christmas is over, no interest at all.

After searching my library site for something interesting, I finally borrowed Someone We Know. It's pretty good, so far.
I love her books!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SO...Hekitty got me books for Christmas, the first of the Alfie books, as well as two more of the Bob books, and three Jennifer Crusie books. I'm saving the cat books to read one after the other, and started on "Agnes and the Hitman," by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer. I've been resistant to getting the collaboration books, because Crusie, but OH BOY was that a fun book! Stayed up much too late in order to finish it, and immediately dove into "Don't Look Down" in the wee hours of this morning. So far, so very good!

Status
Not open for further replies.