All purpose flour

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does any one know if you can make bread in a bread machine using AP flour. If so please include recipe. Because stores are wiped out all I could get was AP flour not bread flour.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started another thread a while back about recipes for the bread machine...I don't know how to link an old thread...sorry.
But I would think you can substitute for AP flour without having to change the recipe. It may just be that your bread might end up being a bit more dense than usual????

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a mixing bowl type recipe that uses all purpose flour and baking powder. Will it be just like high gluten yeasted bread? Of course not. Will you enjoy it - consider the alternatives.
Ingredients

• Butter, for greasing the pan
  • Cornmeal (if no cornmeal, dust pan with flour)
  • 3 cups flour (Three cups of self-rising flour can be substituted. Omit the baking powder and salt.)
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 12-ounce can beer, the blander the better (or seltzer)
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter (optional)
Preparation

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan and dust with cornmeal. For stovetop baking, use a heavy Dutch oven or similar pot that has been greased and dusted with cornmeal but not heated.
  2. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar and stir in the beer. Place batter in the pan. Oven baking will take about 35 minutes. For stovetop baking, cover the pan and place it on a heat shield over a low to medium flame and bake until a knife or cake tester comes out clean.
  3. Remove from pan, drizzle with butter if desired and allow to cool completely before slicing. The bread has a texture similar to that of English muffins and tastes best toasted.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I started another thread a while back about recipes for the bread machine...I don't know how to link an old thread...sorry.

Just copy and paste the URL :)

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem