All Of My Cats Paws Are Hurting Her

Lda411

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone. I have a 7 year old kitty and she’s been having some issues with her paws.

She is a completely indoor cat. It started with just a slight limp on the left side (front and back legs) and has become so much worse. Took her to the vet and they did x rays of her spine and did a thorough checkup on her legs and she seemed to be very healthy other than slightly low potassium (which she’s now taking a supplement for)

Things seemed ok for a day or two but now she can barely walk. I’ve looked at her paws as much as I can and I don’t see anything alarming about them, just very slightly dry. No bleeding or ingrown claws

I’m taking her to the vet first thing on Wednesday but I’m kind of freaking out til then. She hisses now when I even go to touch her paws which is definitely not normal for her.

I’ve been bringing her food and water to her so she’s eating and drinking plenty and still bathing herself. Does anyone have any idea what this could possibly be to affect only her paws?? I’m positive her legs themselves are fine as she’s able to flex them around to clean herself.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello - and welcome!
I'm not a member with any experience in this but I wanted to send you my thoughts and hopes that this is treatable! :vibes::crossfingers: :grouphug2:

Rosepud

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. I have a 7 year old kitty and she’s been having some issues with her paws.

She is a completely indoor cat. It started with just a slight limp on the left side (front and back legs) and has become so much worse. Took her to the vet and they did x rays of her spine and did a thorough checkup on her legs and she seemed to be very healthy other than slightly low potassium (which she’s now taking a supplement for)

Things seemed ok for a day or two but now she can barely walk. I’ve looked at her paws as much as I can and I don’t see anything alarming about them, just very slightly dry. No bleeding or ingrown claws

I’m taking her to the vet first thing on Wednesday but I’m kind of freaking out til then. She hisses now when I even go to touch her paws which is definitely not normal for her.

I’ve been bringing her food and water to her so she’s eating and drinking plenty and still bathing herself. Does anyone have any idea what this could possibly be to affect only her paws?? I’m positive her legs themselves are fine as she’s able to flex them around to clean herself.
Based on the no ingrown nails I assume she's not declawed, but just double checking is she declawed?

Rosepud

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is not declawed
Ok just checking, it could be from inflammation, a condition called pillow paw? I am not sure if her paws appear inflamed but apparently that could cause the kind of pain you're describing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lda411

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok just checking, it could be from inflammation, a condition called pillow paw? I am not sure if her paws appear inflamed but apparently that could cause the kind of pain you're describing?
None of my kitty’s paws look inflamed or swollen, but with all the research I’ve done that seems to be the most likely thing since it’s the only thing I’ve found that is likely to affect more than 1 paw suddenly. I don’t know what else it could be though. Thank you very much

Rosepud

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
None of my kitty’s paws look inflamed or swollen, but with all the research I’ve done that seems to be the most likely thing since it’s the only thing I’ve found that is likely to affect more than 1 paw suddenly. I don’t know what else it could be though. Thank you very much
I hope you figure it out soon! Good luck!