All My Cats

KappyShortsleeve

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! So, I have 5 cats. These are my cats, and their stories.

This is Pancakes. He is 12. I adopted him from ASPCA’s shelter in Manhattan. He was surrendered to ACC for aggression. ASPCA took him as part of the city’s New Hope program. (ACC turns animals over to No Kill shelters to reduce crowding and euthanasia at the city shelter). He was adopted from ASPCA, then returned two weeks later for urinating outside the litter box. Turns out he had urinary crystals that went untreated for a long time. ASPCA treated his crystals. I adopted him 3 days after he was returned. He’s a sweet, loving, high energy cat.

This is PaperClips. She is 10. PaperClips also came from ASPCA. She was originally surrendered because her owner passed away. She was morbidly obese when I adopted her. Over the years I have managed to get her to just fat. She is a sweet girl, who’s only interests are food, sleeping and me. She sleeps next to me, under the covers every night. She is the only cat that comes out to see people when we have company.

This is New Kitty. She is 8. New Kitty was picked up in a TNR project in my neighborhood. They thought she might be friendly, and didn’t want to put her back out. They needed a foster for her, and I said I would do it. After 2 days, I realized New Kitty was feral. However, she was not aggressive and had taken a liking to Pancakes. I didn’t want her to go back outside. I told the rescuer that I understood she was feral, but she seemed happy with a warm bed, regular meals, and her new friend, Pancakes. The rescuer was thrilled I kept her, and for 2 years New Kitty peacefully coexisted with us. Then, Christmas Eve 2016, I was wrapping some presents when she walked over to me, head butted my arm, and started begging me to pet her. Now, she’s a sweet, snuggly cat who LOVES her belly rubbed. I’ve never been able to figure out what made her change her mind that day.

This is Mookie. She is 2. I found her living behind the salon I work at. She was so cold (it had been 14 degrees for a few days) but so sweet and friendly. She climbed right into my carrier and went to sleep. I brought her back to Brooklyn on the train that night, and put her in my bathroom. The next day I brought her to the vet, and she was healthy. She was got along with the other cats from day one. She loves to play “tag” with New Kitty, and sleep next me on the couch.

This is Curtis. He is 1 1/2. He is a giant cat, 18lbs. I call him my baby bear. He is the first cat I adopted since I started volunteering (the same rescue I got New Kitty from. We do TNR, manage feral colonies, and adopt out friendly cats). The rescue group got a call about a cat with an injured tail and went to trap it. The rescuer that went to get the cat saw Curtis (who also had an injured tail, just not as bad). He was ear tipped but very friendly. Since she only had on trap and the other cat’s tail was severely injured (it had to be amputated, but he was friendly, so he got put up for adoption and now has a very happy indoor life), she trapped him, and went back the next day for Curtis.
We met Curtis the day after he was rescued, when we were dropping off a kitten we had trapped the night before. My husband fell in love with him immediately. He opened the cage door to pet him, and Curtis rolled over on his side and wanted a belly rub. I made my husband wait a few days, to think if he really wanted 5 cats. He did, so we took Curtis.
Curtis is the laziest cat I have ever met. All he wants is a bed and a window. Every morning, after he eats, he gets into the bed with my husband and cuddles with him.
Oh, and his tail injury wasn’t that bad. It healed up nicely and he has full mobility.

Last edited by a moderator: