Alice

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
20170430_110835.jpg

I said goodbye to Alice Wednesday of last week. She was 18 and her kidneys had been failing her for almost 5 years. She was definitely a Princess but was still a lovebug. I had gotten her when she was only 2 months ago. I had Patches who was 5 months old at the time and they were thick as thieves except when Patches came home from the vet. It would take about 3 days for the vet smell to wear off then they were back together again. I like to think they are together again.

Losing Alice meant I had no kitties. It took all of a day for me to realize that wasn't going to work for me. I felt a little guilty because it felt like I wasn't giving Alice her due respect but I brought a cat home from a no kill shelter yesterday.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Alice, but don't think you are disrespecting her by already rescueing another furbaby. I think she would be happy to know you are sharing your love with another. She wouldn't want you to be in pain because of her leaving you :hugs:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes we have to grieve and wait before we get another cat, and sometimes the best thing to do is to do it soon after they pass. Your heart told you what was right in your case, just follow it and bless you for taking in another one in need.

I am sorry for your loss, she had a long, great life thanks to you, and so will this new one. You will see her again someday and it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry you lost your little girl, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Alice, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

No, you are not disrespecting Alice, you are honoring her and the love you shared by allowing another cat to make it's very own place with you. I'm sure that Alice, from That Place Where All Things Are Known, is purring up a storm, and very much approves!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What a gorgeous girl! I'm so sorry you lost her. It sounds like she had a long, happy life with you and I'm sure she would want another cat to experience all the love she was given.

What better way to honour her life than by saving another?

:hugs:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She taught you how to open your heart to a cat's love, what better way to respect her legacy than to open it to another. This new cat will help to fill that horrible emptiness that comes when we lose someone we love. Alice saved your heart from being empty, and you in turn are saving a little life that so desperately would like to know love and caring.
You will never forget your precious little girl, her love is spiritual, so eternal, and will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. She lived a long life full of love and happiness, She died surrounded by your love and will carry it forever in her tiny soul. Go forward into the future and live it the way you would want for her to live if you were the first to go, seeking all that life has to offer, its beauty and joy.
Give your grief proper attention and absorb your loss. The way past the pain of grief is through it. It is good to have the care and routine that the new cat will bring to give your heartache a rest for a time. So it won't take over your life and bring unhappiness to you and those around you.
Alice's love can never be replaced, any new loves will reside right beside it, helping it to grow even stronger, even more valuable. You bring honor to her legacy by remembering and grieving her, she lives on through you now and your joys will bring her joy, because that is love. She has bestowed upon you one of life's greatest gifts, a cat's love.......
My thoughts and prayers are with you all today. Your little girl is at peace because she carries your love. Eventually, your heart will find peace too, but it takes a long time. One day at a time........RIP dear Alice. You will always be remembered, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Ah, beautiful Alice, a beloved companion for so long. Rest in peace, sweet girl. :rbheart:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was so beautiful. :rbheart:

She had a long, happy life full of love and friendship. All cats should be so lucky. She and Patches would approve of your decision wholeheartedly. Another cat is getting the same wonderful life that they had. I have no doubt that they are together again and they teamed up to help you find another cat to love. They both know that their places in your heart are forever as is yours in theirs.

RIP Alice and Patches. You will always be loved and never forgotten.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Allice went back to her Home-Cloud, after 18 years on Earth with You!
At this age, I can only bow in full respect.

===
Now, imagine you are a cat in a shelter, waiting for the good or for the bad.
In that status, every day counts.
You followed your heart and this path never goes wrong.