Alerts, Watched Threads, And Conversations

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Can someone explain, if we will be getting a 'number notice' alert, in the top right hand 'alert box icon', while we are online, at the time?
I seem to only see the alerts, if I hover over the alert icon, (though maybe it's because I did not change pages, or refresh).

Is there a quicker way to 'clear all' of the 'go to first unread message dark circles' in the Watched Threads area? Not that important, but it seems to take me to the middle of the thread, and not to the last watched message.

In Conversations, is there a fast way to mark, all conversations 'read'? ...versus just going to each 20 of them, and selecting 'select all' and 'mark as read'?
(perhaps this should have been 3 different threads, sorry if that's the case.):oops:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I can only answer some of this. ;)

It should show up immediately if you are online, but you may have to switch the page, refresh, etc. having said that, I know I've had a quick popup (similar to Facebook) on the bottom left telling me I have a new unread conversation. I don't think I've seen one for an alert, but I'll keep my eye out.

I never go to the watched thread area, so can't help you with that, but other do so help will be along at some point.

I don't think there is a quicker way with the conversations right now. I had over 1,000 and went through them while watching TV. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, AbbysMom AbbysMom .
I don't think there is a quicker way with the conversations right now. I had over 1,000 and went through them while watching TV. :lol:
Wow! 1000! :eek3: That must have been some long TV show. :thumbsup: :lol: Great idea! (and I thought a couple hundred was a lot) :disturbed:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In Conversations, is there a fast way to mark, all conversations 'read'? ...versus just going to each 20 of them, and selecting 'select all' and 'mark as read'?
(perhaps this should have been 3 different threads, sorry if that's the case.):oops:
Click on the box for one message. In the pop up box that appears, in the top right corner is a Select All and a box next to it. Check the box, select the action you want ("Leave Converstations" to delete), and then click on Go. I think the Select All box only puts a check box in all the messages currently on that page. If you have multiple pages of messages that need to be deleted, you may have to do this page by page.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to deselect messages that you may want to keep before selecting the action :dunno:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Click on the box for one message. In the pop up box that appears, in the top right corner is a Select All and a box next to it. Check the box, select the action you want ("Leave Converstations" to delete), and then click on Go. I think the Select All box only puts a check box in all the messages currently on that page. If you have multiple pages of messages that need to be deleted, you may have to do this page by page.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to deselect messages that you may want to keep before selecting the action :dunno:
Thank you, LTS3 LTS3 . I didn't actually want to delete the conversations yet, but rather just have them 'unread'.:hellocomputer:
But perhaps I should start deleting the older ones, since I no longer need them. Maybe save a few on my own computer, in Word. It would tidy up the area, and have less pages. :think:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you, LTS3 LTS3 . I didn't actually want to delete the conversations yet, but rather just have them 'unread'.:hellocomputer:
You can still do it the way I described, just select the Mark Conversation as Read action option (or Mark Conversation as Unread if you need that) instead of Leave Converstation.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
You can still do it the way I described, just select the Mark Conversation as Read action option (or Mark Conversation as Unread if you need that) instead of Leave Converstation.
Thanks LTS3 LTS3 . :bluepaw:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Today I've noticed that if someone quotes me while I'm here that I get that popup in the bottom left corner.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I made a major mistake, @CvP.
And was wondering if there was some sort of "undo" button?

I hit "stop watching threads":
stop watching threads...mistake - Copy.jpg
And now see this:
unread watched threads..after mistake. - Copy.jpg

I suppose I have to manually find the threads I was watching, if there is no 'undo'. :doh: :oops:

D

Deleted member 115554

If you unwatched all threads, there is no undo button.

Have you tried clicking the "show all watched threads" ? Maybe you will find some there.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
If you unwatched all threads, there is no undo button.

Have you tried clicking the "show all watched threads" ? Maybe you will find some there.
Thank you for your quick reply.:biggrin:
Yes, I have tried clicking 'show all watched threads.' Nothing shows.

But it's okay, since I actually saw that the Site saves "your content".
So I'll just go from there, and start watching them again.
(For some reason, I thought that I had lost everything. But I only lost my 'subscriptions'(watched threads).)
So thankful the Site saved the content, and that your team migrated it over, and it can't be accidentally wiped out. :woo::jive:

(I think I'll just make a note, of staying away from the "stop watching threads" button.):think: