Resolved Alerts for threads that I never watched

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody,
In the last few hours I've been receiving alerts for new posts in threads that I wasn't following. I was unsure if those threads were being watched, but I checked them all and they were new to me, I haven't even given them a purraise or anything.
What can I do?
Thanks!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to clarify that the alerts I'm getting are not for threads I've never watched, but for threads I haven't read in a long, long time. It used to be that if I didn't read the thread, I wouldn't get alerts anymore.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah:

Me, too (e.g. like DreamerRose). I had forgotten I'd Watched the "What Food are You Craving? 2019" thread, and it suddenly showed up in my alert feed. I try to avoid that thread lately, as it's a minefield of temptation, lol.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
My experience has been just the opposite, I am not getting the correct number of notifications.
:ruminating: ~ Me too ... When the site was first "remodeled" I clicked on an avatar and was taken to the user's private messages. I think there are still adjustments being made - hopefully. :compsurfing:´

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
It's happening for me for the members I follow, even though I have in my follower preferences not to be updated for comments, so I had like 27 notifications from people I follow, but not threads I watch.
ME TOO! Iis VERY annoying getting alerts to threads I don't want to follow.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
It's happening for me for the members I follow, even though I have in my follower preferences not to be updated for comments, so I had like 27 notifications from people I follow, but not threads I watch.
ME TOO! It's VERY annoying getting alerts to threads I never have nor want to follow. Can't get to my albums on my profile from my phone. Can't use emojis on the phone either, no room to see what I'm clicking.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is happening for me, too. I just went through my list of people I Follow and re-Saved all my toggle choices for each one, just to see if that will help decrease the Alerts. Maybe things got reset or zeroed out or something, and we have to re-save our choices? I'm not sure...

editing for an 'Update': Nope, it's not working.
NOTE for admins: when I try to Save changes for toggled options I choose for people I "Follow", there is no pop-up showing up for me that says, Your Changes Have Been Saved. Maybe this is where the problem is.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning (it's 9 am, Thursday, over here) I found 18 alerts, and 17 of them were for threads I don't know.
What I found out, though, is that the vast majority, if not all, of the "wrong" alerts are for threads in the Games and Fun forum. Can it help to pin down the problem?

Alerts.JPG

Last edited:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning (it's 9 am, Thursday, over here) I found 18 alerts, and 17 of them were for threads I don't know.
What I found out, though, is that the vast majority, if not all, of the "wrong" alerts are for threads in the Games and Fun forum. Can it help to pin down the problem?

View attachment 308714
I'm pretty sure we Follow each other, Antonio65 Antonio65 - and what's interesting is that I myself have been going bananas in the Games and Fun threads the past few days. :banana2: I wonder if it's connected...