Aldi Cat Food

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the food OK? I have 5 cats here that aren't eating it. I don't recall seeing a recall on the food. Are they just spoiled. Please I"m in a state of panic. They won't get sick will they?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it the Aldi canned food? My cats hated it. They only like Friskies Shreds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
It's the dry since I'm feeding all these cats (yes they wandered back). Normally they eat it but even Tourmaline won't touch it. I hope I didn't do something wrong this time :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So do you think it's because they're spoiled? Just wondering why they would turn their noses up at it. Then my neighbor poured milk int the bowls. Ugh, she meant well though. I just find it hard to believe that for a bunch of cats that used dine out of dumpsters can be so picky now

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So do you think it's because they're spoiled?
I wouldn't say they are spoiled. They just don't like the taste. My cats are former ferals from the woods and they only like Purina dry and canned food. It's pretty affordable- Friskies, Purina Cat Chow Complete, Purina One.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey well the raccoons are loving the food. I may have found my deterrent. Cheap stuff for raccoons, keep at the other side of the 1/4 acre backyard and good stuff up here for the cats. Meanwhile I won't have any money til Monday (check pending ugh) so the cats are going to have to kind of do with what I have. I never saw them snub this food before. Usually Treasure eats it. So I'm confused.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't say they are spoiled. They just don't like the taste. My cats are former ferals from the woods and they only like Purina dry and canned food. It's pretty affordable- Friskies, Purina Cat Chow Complete, Purina One.
But there really isn't anything wrong with the food, correct? Like nothing that would make the sick or anything?

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have supplied electrical and electronic equipment to pet food cannery's and if you saw what goes into the food you would be disgusted.
The rotten meat, bone, heads and hide get sterilized so there is no nutritional value left in the so called meat then chemicals added to make it resemble a somewhat edible product with some sort of food value with added flavouring to make this same product taste like chicken or beef or whatever.
To me your cats are being smart.
This is why I feed raw or really high quality pet foods.
You wont make them sick..it will be just a low value food for them.
Thats why the dumpster food probably more appealing.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt it, unless there's a recall.

Not gonna happen here. My cats will have to make due with Purina.
I just looked back at the cam playback and Cooper did eat the Aldi food. But then again Cooper would eat horse manure if I put it there so not sure how well to judge. BTW: Cooper did sneak in earlier today before the others returned and was more calm.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's all the cats going to be moved to one of the nearby colonies.
Either way the cats are now gone
The cat stuff was picked up by the police who knows the location of the other colonies
The cats are 3 blocks away at another colony
You said yesterday that the cats have all gone to another colony now and the police took all "The cat stuff" away. So there's no need for you to worry about cat food anymore.

Give the left over cat food to the raccoons, if they enjoy it.

Problem solved!

:)

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aldi will take back the bag and give you twice your money back as a refund if you aren't satisfied

Sierra977

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All the neighborhood alley cats LOVE the ALDI canned cat food. I buy it by the case - three cases today. At 37 cents a can the price is great.

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did they pour milk into the same bowls as the cat food
Maybe the milk dried and spoiled so it smells bad to them