Alaska Is 7 Months Old! How's He Shaping Up?

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, according to my mentor, and the breeder, with whom I stay in close contact, Alaska is really looking good. I'm getting a girl from the same breeder as soon as her new queen is old enough and breeds with an unrelated male. I know her and she's close, plus we have some degree of friendship.

Anyway, here's a few shots I took today while he was lounging on a pillow. I tried to get pictures that show off his coat, profile, and build. His face fringe tends to go back, so it looks like he doesn't have much, until you see his profile. I know the coat gets more impressive with age though. If it's this full and majestic now, I can't imagine what he will look like in two years.

But I'm new. I'm still learning. What say you, my dear feline loving friends?

IMG_20180408_190140055.jpg
IMG_20180408_190127516.jpg
IMG_20180408_190029670.jpg
IMG_20180408_190020649.jpg
IMG_20180408_185954674.jpg
IMG_20180408_185949148.jpg
IMG_20180408_190141531.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Alaska looks magnificent and regal, even when he’s just lounging around! :heartshape:
My friends say he looks like a white version of Mufasa from The Lion King. I'm a Scar fan so I give them side eye for it, but hey, his name is "Artcityclaws' Alaskan White Lion", so I'm glad he's living up to the name.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Beautiful! Love his name. Very fitting. He is 'floofing' out nicely!
He is. I've read that the shorter haired Maine Coons at shows are usually just young, and that their coats floof more as they get to about 2 or 3. If he's already this fluffy, I'm excited to see his real big boy coat. Oh, and I wanted to say, I love the cat in your av! Gorgeous markings. I love tuxedos with little spots of black in the white. It's such a quirky look. I'll be getting a litter (Two girls and a boy) of them to adopt out when they're ready to leave mom.

You guys think Leska's (We always end up turning our cat's names into goofy nicknames. I might make a whole thread on this. I can't be the only one whose cats' names all devolve into silly nicknames. Alaska went from Alaska, to Ådeska [Danish soft d -- it's my second language] to Lesker, to Lesk/The Lesk) shaping up into show material now? I know he was too young when I first asked, but at 7 months we can see a little better what he's made of. I think his muzzle is still a little long, but the unneutered male head inflation should help offset that some. I'd love a .02 from some folks. Even if it's not what I want to hear, I'm tough. I can take criticism of my cat. I know the judges won't be gentle with his flaws, so I don't want you to be either.

Last edited: