Air plant is toxic for cat?

Minty89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone,
I really hope you can help me. My friend gave gifted me a plant but I’m not sure if it’s toxic for the cats. The plant is Tillandsia ionantha also know as Sky Plant. I have two cats and I just want to make sure the plant is safe for them. For now the plant is in a different room where the cats don’t have access to it. I’ll attach a picture of the plant.
Thank you very much in advance🐱🐾

Attachments

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
No they're not M Minty89 , but I'd tend to put it out of reach anyway... it's a little plant and won't look anywhere near as lovely when it's all chewed! ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Minty89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No they're not M Minty89 , but I'd tend to put it out of reach anyway... it's a little plant and won't look anywhere near as lovely when it's all chewed! ;)
Thank you so much Mani for your reply! I will surely keep it out of reach!

CalicoBernita

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good morning everyone,
I really hope you can help me. My friend gave gifted me a plant but I’m not sure if it’s toxic for the cats. The plant is Tillandsia ionantha also know as Sky Plant. I have two cats and I just want to make sure the plant is safe for them. For now the plant is in a different room where the cats don’t have access to it. I’ll attach a picture of the plant.
Thank you very much in advance🐱🐾
I keep my plants in a separate room and my cat is not permitted to enter that room.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Air plants are safe but do watch out for the cat chewing on the leaves out of curiosity. Keep it out of reach anyways. There are cute hanging and wall air plant holders you can buy online these days. Etsy.com is a good place to look. I keep my air plants on a rolling cart with other plants and neither cats bother them.

There's a thread on houseplants if you want to share more pictures of your plants :) Share Your Indoor Plant Pictures