Air Fryer recipes?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I got an Air Fryer from my sister this Christmas and I am excited to give it a whirl!

I am going to familarize myself with it by starting off with some sweet potato fries.

but I'd like to know some good recipes to try. Toss them out!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
What kind of air fryer do you have? Ours is a Philips.

Well, we've been doing French fries, not quite once a week, but close. We tried some sweet potato fries and man, they were good. My biggest problem is trying to get all the potato slices uniformly cut, so that I don't have really thin slices and really thick slices. The thinner slices will be super-crisp til the thicker ones are cooked.

We did wings....OMG, they were awesome in the air fryer! So good. I could seriously get addicted to those.

We've done shrimp; they turned out well. Commercially prepared (frozen) meatballs have come out well and then we used them in sauce for meatball sandwiches.

Instead of giving you recipes for things you might not like (not everybody likes shrimp or sweet potatoes, etc., let me give you some of the my favorite air fryer sites.)

http://vsreviews.com/airfryer-recipes/#10_Paprika_roast_chicken_with_crispy_potato_rosti

http://www.thedallassocials.com/blog/air-fryer-recipes/

http://www.meredithlaurence.com/my-recipes/air-fryer-recipes/  (I cannot recommend Meredith Lawrence enough. I have several of her pressure cooker cookbooks and every single recipe that I've tried in my pressure cooker has worked perfectly. I've made a couple of her air fryer recipes and they were really good. Beer-batter Onion Rings are delicious, try her Thyme Garlic Tomatoes on slices of your favorite toasted crusty bread.) Link to her cookbook on Amazon:   (I've just ordered this book....it came out at the beginning of December)

This is a copy of the book I have for my Philips air fryer:  http://www.usa.philips.com/c-dam/b2c/USMasterChef/avance_recipes.pdf We've done the fries, the wedges, the wings, the shrimp. The mushrooms were really good, although I winged the stuffing for us instead of following the recipe. The portobella pizzas were good; I used turkey pepperoni. We are big mushroom fans. I don't have the baking dish yet (a lot of the stuff is sold separately, at least for the Philips), so I've not been able to try frittatas, cakes, etc.

Our son looked our air fryer over yesterday while they were here for Christmas and he thinks he'd like to have one, too. I was a little surprised that Rick likes it so much.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I thought I saw a post on Air Fryer somewhere, thanks for the link!!

@Winchester  - I have the GoWise USA Air Fyer. it's smaller than Philips which is good for one person. Chicken wings sounds delish- I am for sure going to try that one. I want to try to make sweet potato fries too- note to self to try to cut evenly as possibe!

I also need to get a baking dish, I noticed some recipes in the booklet it came with requires the dish.

I am off to look at those recipes now!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
So far made grilled cheese for lunch yesterday and sweet potato fries tonight. Yummy!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're going to do wings in ours on NYEve. And stuffed mushrooms again....those stuffed mushrooms are yummy.

Our Philips is probably just the right size for the two of us; that makes it nice because it's just enough with no leftovers (other than the wings; I can fit 18 wings in our air fryer, so we usually have leftover wings).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
If anybody is interested, I just got a new air fryer cookbook, The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook by Linda Larsen. Recipes for Omelettes in Bread Cups, Mixed Berry Muffins, Cranberry Beignets, Vegetable Egg Rolls, Spinach Dip with Bread Knots, Crispy Beef Cubes, BBQ Chicken Thighs, Sweet & Sour Chicken Legs, Buttermilk Fried Chicken, etc. Some veggie recipes and some desserts. I'll be trying something this weekend.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
FWIW, my 6-inch round cake pans came in this morning and they are very nice. I'm excited to try them out. I got them from Amazon: Target had 6-inch pans as well, but when I went to buy them, they were sold out. And Target was the only store in my area that had them. So I went to Amazon.

I bought two, just in case; I'm thinking two would come in handy, more so than just one.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I wanted you all to see this.....it's my air-fried Cornish hen from dinner tonight. I brined the hen for about 30 minutes in just a simple salt water brine. Rinse it off and dried it very well. Sliced the hen in half. A sprinkle of pepper on both sides (no salt).

390 degrees for 5 minutes, skin-side down
390 degrees for 10 minutes, skin-side up

I made a glaze of lemon zest (I keep lemon zest in the freezer so that I have it), a bit of lemon juice, soy sauce, and honey. Brushed that on the hen.

390 degrees for 5 minutes. It was 161 degrees in the breast.
Let it rest for about 5 minutes

So......25 minutes total, including the 5-minute rest. No oven. And it pulled right apart, no knife needed. Yum. I ate half tonight with a salad and will have the other half on Friday. (Mollipop and Tabby agree that it was pretty good stuff! I didn't give them skin, but gave them each a bit of white meat.)

I think the air fryer is just the neatest thing!

AirFriedCornishHen.jpg

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I got one of these for Christmas this year, so I'll have to start experimenting. :)

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Those cornish hens looks delish!
A year later and I still use my air fryer. I make fried artichoke hearts in there quite often!