Air conditioner chewing

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It feels kind of strange asking this but it's starting to concern me. One year old Autumn sometimes chews on the front of my window AC. Either where the air goes in or where it comes out. This morning she did it and right afterwards threw up a little. Has anyone else ever had this issue?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
is it the plastic? 

I do not have a clue. hoping someone else comes along soon, to advise you...

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
that is tuff. It seems the plastic is attracting your cat. On an AC, you cannot use the sprays because that would get into the entire air ducts.. You cannot cover it...

I am at a loss. 

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't spray anything directly on the AC, but maybe spray into a cloth and rub it on the front where he chews on, just to get the nasty taste there?

Can you put double sided tape where he chews, that won't cover the vents itself?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't spray anything directly on the AC, but maybe spray into a cloth and rub it on the front where he chews on, just to get the nasty taste there?

Can you put double sided tape where he chews, that won't cover the vents itself?

I wiped it with water on a paper towel.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a spray you can get at Walmart (also online and probably at pet stores too) called Grannick's Bitter Apple.  A small bottle costs less than $6.00 and you can spray the A/C with it.  It doesn't have a smell, and once it's dry it will make the plastic taste bitter.  Cats hate bitter taste.  The spray is designed for dogs who chew on various things around the house (so you will find it in the dog section)  but it's safe for cats too, and a lot safer than chewing on plastic.