Aikiou Stimulo vs Catit Design Senses Food Maze

bshcatlover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been debating between getting my cats the Aikiou Stimulo or Catit Design Senses Food Maze and I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with either.  I have tried the SlimCat food ball with them, and only one of them really got the hang of it.  I am hoping one of these will engage them a little more and keep them mentally stimulated.  Any thoughts?

Aikiou Stimulo:

Catit Design Senses Food Maze:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
No experiences here.. but the first one appears to be much more challenging than the second. The cats would have to literally grab the food with their paws and lift it from the pipes. I may like this one better for my cats.

The second, the cat would have to drag it over the wall and drop it. Plus it looks like the cats could tip it over, defying the point of the challenge.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bshcatlover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I ended up ordering the Aikiou Stimulo, so hopefully I should get that soon!  I'll let you know how my cats like it. 

Today I came across the Trixie Cat Activity Fun Board which I think looks pretty cool.

A variety of entertainment from the Cat Activity Fun Board with the following modules:

1) The Bowl Module: This will challenge your pet's sense of touch and smell. Your cat must feel around to find the opening to the transparent bowls and finally fish out a treat.
2) The Icicle Module: A sharp eye and strategic thinking will help your cat to get to the treats hidden between the icicles.
3) The Tracks Module: This module is particularly suitable for elderly cats and cats limited by poor health. With a little skill, the treat can be simply pulled along between the wavy tracks.
4) The Tongue Module: Here your cat must demonstrate skill with its tongue to get to the treats or water. The Tongue Module will also give a thrill to blind or otherwise disabled cats.
5) The Tunnel: With a lot of sneaking and pawing, your cat can get the toy or treat out of this mouse hole with its paw.

I watched a video on YouTube of a cat using it and it looked pretty challenging.  I might give it a try if my cats like the Aikiou Stimulo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bshcatlover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I finally got it today! I was so excited when it was delivered. The Aikiou Stimulo is pretty cool. There are 4 different tube lengths to adjust for the level of difficulty and you can arrange and rearrange them as you like. I put a few treats in the tubes and then just put it down. Angus took to it immediately, he was so interested in it and he figured out the small tubes within a few minutes. The longer tubes took a little more time though. Jaffa Cake didn't really get it at first, but she eventually got the hang of it. Milo on the other hand could not have cared less about it.

So far I'm pretty pleased with it, but I'll have to see if it keeps there attention/interests over the next couple of days. I'll post pictures as soon as I can!

Last edited:

suzie e

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I see this is an old thread but wanted to add my enthusiastic recommendation for this product.

My cat Sally was never big on playing with toys even as a kitten, and she won't chase balls or pay any attention to all the other toys I've tried.

However, she is an enthusiast of this product, because it provides treats! I strictly limit the number I give her every day, but it seems to satisfy her instinct to hunt.

I buy as little plastic as possible in consideration of the environment, but this purchase I can't regret.