Ahhh! Rats! Rats everywhere!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im sorry about the 3 babies. You're doing a really great thing so please think of the ones yoy're able to give a good life to when you're feeling sad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Im sorry about the 3 babies. You're doing a really great thing so please think of the ones yoy're able to give a good life to when you're feeling sad.
Thank you. That's what everyone has been telling me. It's been really hard to because I've gotta a lot of hate messages online when I ask for donations or to help with funding. It's tough when you feel like no one is supporting you.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you asking from rat lover specific groups? If not dont take it too personally. People dont really know that rats are sweet and make good pets. Generally regarded as being vermin.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you asking from rat lover specific groups? If not dont take it too personally. People dont really know that rats are sweet and make good pets. Generally regarded as being vermin.
Yes, I have been but people assume that because I'm asking for money, my animals are all sick and starving which is far from the truth. Instead of listening to me and letting me explain, they quickly label me as a "bad owner" and tell me I should rethink my financial situation and give all my animals away. It hurt really bad to hear people say this. I take excellent care of all the animals under my roof. If they need to see a vet, I don't sit around and do nothing. I obviously have the money to look after them or else I wouldn't have them. It's just so frustrating.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah i get you. No matter what you do people will judge. But keep on doing what you're doing! If i didnt have my 2 cats i think a rat rescue would be a great idea.

mom of 2 cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used to have 3 dumbo rats , this ways a few years ago , they all passed away but they were great pets

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also love rats. I have had a few over the years. My first rat wiffle got along very well with my cat. Was so cute seeing them together!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah i get you. No matter what you do people will judge. But keep on doing what you're doing! If i didnt have my 2 cats i think a rat rescue would be a great idea.
It's really heartbreaking how they are treated. It just... Just makes me so upset. People don't understand. These are living creatures! I just saw an ad on kijiji. Someone is selling rats. There are a whole bunch of them crowded in a small aquarium and they're eating what looks like dog food. Also the person that I rescued the babies from was doing the same thing. Feeding them only dog food and keeping them in small cages or aquariums. I wish I could help in some way. This shouldn't be allowed. It's animal cruelty!

cairodupree

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree. I don't personally own rats, but my friend Maia has two rats, Kiko and Mets, and they are the sweetest. She rescued them from a shelter, and they are both albinos. Whenever I see her they are pretty much all she talks about. If I hadn't recently acquired 5 kittens, I would probably get a few rats myself!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. I don't personally own rats, but my friend Maia has two rats, Kiko and Mets, and they are the sweetest. She rescued them from a shelter, and they are both albinos. Whenever I see her they are pretty much all she talks about. If I hadn't recently acquired 5 kittens, I would probably get a few rats myself!
That's awesome!

Good news though, I've found homes for all the rats. Good loving homes. But I think I need to take a break from rescuing and focus on my health.