Aggressive Resident - It Just Got Real. No Idea How To Help Him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know right! :-D :yess: XOXOXO

I just read through this thread - bravo, you are doing everything right! It's a stressful situation and you're doing right by all of your cats :)
Hi! :hellocomputer:

Brave to you too if you read this thread - even 1/8th of it!

and thank you very much. I try hard and it's helps to hear that I'm doing good and right (but if I'm screwing up I need to know that too lol) but truly it does help... especially when you're having a rough go of it and sometimes get discouraged and unsure. So I really appreciate you taking the time to post. XOXOXO

The support here is amazing. I couldn't have gotten this far without it.

I just wanted to add - one of my childhood kitties (also named Charlie haha) was a feral that we adopted. His "safe areas" were behind the furnace and behind the freezer. For the first year of his life with us, he never really did want to leave those areas if there were any noises in the house. We were pretty worried, but he'd want cuddles and affection when we did see him, so we let him go at his own pace. Now at the ripe old age of 16, he's still pretty skittish and hides from strangers. But, he will roam my parents' place no problem.
HAHAH Charlie and BraveHeart love that area too. I try to discourage it as the basement is kinda insane atm but that's funny that's your childhood kitty liked it too. Maybe because it's a dark, but warm spot?

I'm glad you let him go at his own pace and that he's roaming around enjoying his nice long life! I do the same with the pace, even at times when I don't want to. So many people try to rush it - and welp - that never ends well. I often have to remind myself of that. Patience.

You're being wonderful and so great with all your kitties, keep up the good work!
Thank you so much XOXOXO I will keep trying to do my best for them. I hope one day I can post that they are all at ease with each other, happy,and healthy. :-)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After 3+ long months...

*drumroll*

Charlie has been given the all clear!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::yess::cheerleader::clap2:

No bacteria - no blood!

He'll be checked again in 3 months but still... :cheerleader:

Now we start the food trials next week. :hangin::runaround:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good to celebrate the little victories, but it's even better to celebrate the BIG HUGE AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL ONES!!!
Hugs, pets and treats to Charlie boy.:clapcat: