Aggression towards one cat

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
See if you can find a vet who will spay the two older ones, remove that teddy, close the room where the eight month old sleeps and start using calming products for them.

Your young cars can't deal with the stress and it's up to you to arrange things so that they are better protected. I don't care that each pair likes to play and besides which, you said each pair sleeps in different rooms anyway. If you don't have doors that you can close to these rooms, use baby gates or temporary screens.

You're wasting time and allowing things to escalate. Your younger cats need your help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Qashim

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
See if you can find a vet who will spay the two older ones, remove that teddy, close the room where the eight month old sleeps and start using calming products for them.

Your young cars can't deal with the stress and it's up to you to arrange things so that they are better protected. I don't care that each pair likes to play and besides which, you said each pair sleeps in different rooms anyway. If you don't have doors that you can close to these rooms, use baby gates or temporary screens.

You're wasting time and allowing things to escalate. Your younger cats need your help.
I will get all of them spayed as soon as I can.
I will surely do the things which you have mentioned.
Will spaying all of them reduce this behaviour?
And can you please suggest me any calming products? Apart from feliway. It is not easily available here and because of pandemic I am not able to get it anywhere.

And thank you so much for your help. I really needed it. Hope your advice works.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Will spaying all of them reduce this behaviour?
There's no absolute guarantee as every cat is different, but I'm pretty sure it will :).

Here is a list of products; hopefully you can obtain something;
Only Natural Pet has a calming product called Just Relax Calming spray with essential oil (catnip oil).

There's this one, be sure and scroll all the way down the page;

Also, there is ThunderWunders calming chews, Richard's Organic Pet Calm drops, Naturevet Hemp, HomeoPet Anxiety Relief, Head to Tail Calming, Relaxivet Quiet Moments Cat treats, GNC Calming formula, and there is Calm-o-mile, Natures Miracle calming spray, Vetri-Science's Composure is another item to look at, Pet Remedy - UK (it has valerian) is yet another, as is Essential Pet Pet-eze, Pet Organics No Stress, Only Natural Pet (brand and website) has other calming products, Pet Naturals also has one I believe, and there are others.

Lambert Vet Supply is a website to look at, chewy.com, also there's Petwishpros, animaleo, 1-800-petmeds.

There is also a product called a lickimat which could be helpful, as cats can be calmed by the process of licking.

This post talks about some other products;

With all that said, you might be able to make your own version of a licki-mat.

Also this might be available to you; Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 suggests chamomile tea;
given internally via syringe. Buy a box of unblended chamomile tea from a grocery store. Brew a cup, and chill it. Administer 1-3 teaspoonfuls up to three times a day. If your cats are 11 pounds or more, give 1-3 tablespoonfuls. It is gently relaxing without being sedating. Doesn't work on every cat, but does on most. And FAR cheaper than prescription meds, so worth trying first, at any rate. DO use the store-bought tea bags, as they are ALL German Chamomile, which is medicinally active and safe for cats. English chamomile, which grows in a lot of gardens, is pretty useless, and toxic to cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Qashim

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom so its been more than a week. I have been keeping the old ones and younger ones in different rooms at night.
There are no more attacks but the older one will sometimes hiss. Trying to work on that also.
Thankyou for your patience and really appreciate your help.

:rock:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
oh, I'm SO very glad to hear this!! What a good update, and good for you, because you rock too!!