Aggression Towards Kitty Video???

Cquinn1021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
20181205_011012.jpg Bad pic. Mizzy was sleeping on her mom's lap when she played a kitten meowing on her phone. Mizzy jumped up and started biting her hand (that held the phone) up and down and strangely meowing. She would replay the video and she would again, stand up against her arm and bite at her hand and meow. Nvr done that before. Why could that be?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It sounds like hearing the other cat meowing made her territorial, therefore, a bit aggressive.

I can never play cat videos with the volume high, or Ruby will come in to investigate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cquinn1021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It sounds like hearing the other cat meowing made her territorial, therefore, a bit aggressive.

I can never play cat videos with the volume high, or Ruby will come in to investigate.
Wow... the 9 and 5 yr old, no big deal. Mizzy is around 8mths and just finished her first heat. (Soon to be fixed)I wouldn't think with 2 other cats, she'd be territorial. I guess that showed her mom not to "mess" with other kitties.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I didn't realize Mizzy was so young. And having just finished her first heat, she's growing up and maturing, and probably didn't realize the meowing sounds she heard weren't from a strange cat in her home.

Glad you're planning to get her spayed soon. Until you do, make sure she doesn't manage to get outside.