Aggresive Cat is causing a lot of problem

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you for telling us more about things.
It seems to me more like she is dominative, stressed and gets irritated easily.
Do you have access to calming products for cats such as these?
Feliway, or bach's rescue remedy?

Can you play MusicForCats, Cat In my Arms, or classic harp music for her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sophia terzi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We've used feliway, and royal canin calm, nothing changed. It is more serious than a classic attack, she is going nuts. Now she is under medication, but the vet told us that we have to be patient for 10 days more. She is afraid very easily. What i forgot to mention is that she fell from the balcony when she was 4 months old and she broke 2 teeth. other than that she was ok. The vet told us that she might have brain trauma, but we cannot be sure until we do an MRI. Even if it is because of that, there is nothing we can do acconding to the doctor. From what i have understood, she has the hypersensitivity syndrome, which is something that the vets include in epilepsy.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm sending love and hope that the medicine does help.

Try the music-a lot of members have reported wonderful results for their cats, so it's not just wishful/hopeful thinking. There's research supporting it as well. RelaxMyCat is another source also.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay. I am so sorry to hear that she had a fall as a kitten. That could be the issue. If it does turn out to be epilepsy, sadly , I do understand. My daughter suffered from it and we also had a dog that had seizures. In some ways you may not be helpless though if that is the case. The medication may control all seizures and the fear, anxiety and other symptoms may go away completely. My daughter experienced very uneasy feelings just before a seizure would come and I would guess it is the same in a kitty. Also, after a seizure she felt pretty bad. Medication became necessary but did change her world for the better! You described that kitty seems to react to two people standing over her. VERY good observation! That may be one of her anxiety triggers. If she feels anxious due to seizures or anything then having someone much larger than yourself standing over you , especially two, would increase her fear. She may fear for herself or for one of you. Don’t know but either way, just see if you can keep that in mind as you go around the house. Kind of stay a small distance from each other? My daughter AND the dog did respond to soft music. In particular some soft classical pieces. She always started to cry with organ music. I don’t know why but it seemed to break her heart. Piano or other softly played instruments did help. Maybe that would help kitty too. I certainly hope so. Our hearts remain with you all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sophia terzi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found a facebook group Facebook Groups and as we talk with people there, we are more sure that it is a kind of epilepsy, partial seizure, called psychomotor epilepsy or Feline Hyperesthesia syndrome. Thank you all!