di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't want to go back as far as 21, too much struggle, worry about finances, and finding yourself in a world that frankly doesn't give a damn except for me, me, me. Which is the way 21 year olds should be to make their way in the world, and to establsh their life. It's not until you have experienced hardship, sadness, and being knocked down, that you appreciate what life really is. if you never experience it, you continue in the 'me' mode. I think 49 is a good age, old enough to have your finances under control, you know what you want in the world, and by then you are your own person. Unlike now, at 63, your body is still strong and limitless. 60's brings a little slowing down, telling you there ARE linits, and you have seen enough death and sadness to warn you of your your own eventual end, and you take it seriously. Young people NEVER think death will come for them, it is a true turning point towards maturityu when you realize that the moment of birth starts the countdown to death, and you had better not waste a minute of it......

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be 40 - as long as I could have the life wisdom I have now. That was before my body starting falling apart. I am 65 and don't really mind being this age except for the inconvenience of not being able to do the tings I did at 40 or have the stamina of back then. I get frustrated about that. In my mind I am still young, but the body says otherwise!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean, if I still had everything I have now - my cat, my fiancé, my life as it is now, I'd love to be mid to late 20s again and give myself a few more childbearing years, more energy, and the ability to shed weight a bit easier.

If I had to go back to where I actually was then, I will happily stay at 36. I'm pretty sure my life is in the best place it ever has been right now.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think 25-ish, That's when most of my biggest decisions in life started and I think I would change or at least tweak a couple of them. I don't have any regrets per say, but I could have done things a bit differently to make my life a bit easier.