After Spay Surgery

Betuncay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

Finally my female cat got spayed today 6 hours ago. After coming home she ate a bit of her wet and dry food, started to be active (even tries to climb on sofa) no toilet visit yet. And her paws are cold and she is shivering. It is my first spay surgery experience. Could you tell me what should i expect during this post operation process? Like what is normal and what is not? I am very anxious and watching her all the time. Thanks…

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Betuncay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
B Betuncay : How are things with your kitten now?
i called the vet they said shivering is normal cause anesthesia affects the body’s ability to control temperature. Next morning she was better, eating drinking and pooped normally 😊everything was fine until 10 minutes ago she started gagging 3-4 times with sound but no vomitting. I will observe her closely, i hope its just a hairball..

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the update. I'll also keep that in mind, that shivering is normal after anesthesia, and therefore was nothing to worry about. Hopefully the gagging was just a hairball and she'll hack it up sooner than later, and in a place that you won't walk in it. ;)