After-spay Care

CHATTY KATTY HOME

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Help please, Chatty was just spayed the 13th she ate a little when we got home and drank water of course, used litter box and slept which is great but today yeah while a little slow in her walking when she isn't asleep she tries to jump up on things i'm doing my best to keep her off of things and down she sleeps a lot and i've given her her pain meds today with no problems no biting or scratching :D although she gagged a little and thats just from the water I gave her in syringe but other then that she has been perfect aside from trying to jump up on things. and everything looks great but still worries me. What should I do? It's funny bc she was microchipped too and i have tags for that and her rabies vac and she saw them I was like look baby jewelry for your collar and she tried to help me get them together and I was like thank you baby but we have to wait. Any advice would be purrfect

Last edited:

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she eaten since the last little bit you saw her eat on the 13th? If not, phone your vet to ask for advice - a cat going without food for more than a day or 2 can be extremely serious.

Otherwise the fact she is lively is a good sign. If she starts messing with the spay incision use a cone to stop her - you really do not want her undoing the incision!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CHATTY KATTY HOME

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has she eaten since the last little bit you saw her eat on the 13th? If not, phone your vet to ask for advice - a cat going without food for more than a day or 2 can be extremely serious.

Otherwise the fact she is lively is a good sign. If she starts messing with the spay incision use a cone to stop her - you really do not want her undoing the incision!
Yes she hasn't had any problems at all eating or drinking and as much as I try to keep her in one area she is getting along great, a little slower but she sleeps lots too and gets back up eats and drinks fine and uses the litter box purrfect too. Thank you for your advice :hithere:

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Make sure to register the microchip right away. The vet will put the microchip in but it's up to the owner to contact the microchip company and have the microchip registered with all the contact info. An unregistered microchip is useless. The vet should have given you the information on the microchip company and your cat's microchip ID number. There's usually no fee to register a microchip but double check with the company first. Some may ask / push you to buy a yearly membership for additional services like a 24 hour lost pet hotline and lost pet travel assistance but just having your contact information in their database is free.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CHATTY KATTY HOME

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Make sure to register the microchip right away. The vet will put the microchip in but it's up to the owner to contact the microchip company and have the microchip registered with all the contact info. An unregistered microchip is useless. The vet should have given you the information on the microchip company and your cat's microchip ID number. There's usually no fee to register a microchip but double check with the company first. Some may ask / push you to buy a yearly membership for additional services like a 24 hour lost pet hotline and lost pet travel assistance but just having your contact information in their database is free.
I made sure I registered right away, and yes the started it for me and I completed it once I got home and yes it was all free. Thanks for the tips:thanks: