Afraid to put collar back on...

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

See my post #2. There's alink in there to a site that sells the collars I buy, Tenth Life.
i looked at that site, but there are no descriptions of their collars, which one is it?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jaycee

i looked at that site, but there are no descriptions of their collars, which one is it?
Scroll to the bottom on the page. It's the Tenth Life collar, in the last row, I think the middle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

i looked at the ragtime collars, they dont look like they have the breakaway closure, it looks like a normal one that you have to squeeze to open, are they stretchy?
They actually open up under a little pressure. Mine actually came today, and I couldn't be happier. They looked like a normal buckle at first, and I was a little upset, but then I tugged a little, and it slides open fairly easily (for me at least, but I can't imagine Marishka getting it open just from scratching at it or something...we'll see!)

They are not stretchy, though. But Marishka could get that off by scratching hard. Usually found pretty quickly, though before.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ

i looked at the ragtime collars, they dont look like they have the breakaway closure, it looks like a normal one that you have to squeeze to open, are they stretchy?
I was worried that they werent really breakaway too before I bought Oliver's, but I talked with other people here that had them and then I bought one... they are indeed breakaway but the material of the collar is cotton, so it is not stretchy... I love the ragtime collars! She was even able to make me a custom one!

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
im thinking about getting the kitten one, they are very reasonably priced and the shipping price is good too, $7.50 total.

on the other hand, i can get a cute breakaway collar at walmart for $3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

I talked with other people here that had them and then I bought one...
I decided to buy one after seeing your great recommendation in the other Ragtime Collars thread

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

I was worried that they werent really breakaway too before I bought Oliver's, but I talked with other people here that had them and then I bought one... they are indeed breakaway but the material of the collar is cotton, so it is not stretchy... I love the ragtime collars! She was even able to make me a custom one!
i noticed that comment on his pic on her website, that his was a custom design. what's different about it - i couldn't see the detail that well...