Afghanistan pet rescue

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With all the news about getting people out of Afghanistan, many have forgotten about the pets left behind. One Afghanistan animal rescue is working to try to save many of the pets before Aug. 31. They have a fundraiser if anyone wishes to donate.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I am truly heartbroken over all that I seen transpire in Afganistan recently. I feel terrible for all who will suffer and as an animal lover I can never forget the animals! People like this rescue's Director Ms. Maxwell Jones and her staff are heros!!! What bravery in the midst of extreme danger!!! It reminds me of Mohammed Alaa Aljaleel, the "Cat Man of Syria". While everyone was racing to get out of Syria, this man stayed behind in Alleppo to take care of the abandoned cats. There was a tragic situation, but he kept on taking care the cats in the sanctuary he made for them. There truly are angels among us. My thoughts and prayers are with all affected by tyranny and persecution. These are truly troubling times.😟

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I heard this too. I heard also they were stopped. I guess the Talibans wanted some money for letting them out. A tax, if we want to call it politely so.
Ps. So they were stopped - perhaps to "collect some tax", but apparently they were let out later on. Tx!