advices pls

traveil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hello, i have a stray cat which greets us at our office door everyday. we do let him in and accompany us for the whole day and let him out when we are off work. he occassionaly comes in with new injuries maybe because we are situated near industrial areas and i feel really bad for him. i did bring him to the vet once as the injury was really looking horrible and whenever he limps, it hurts me. so that was the first and final time i brought him there. as he is a stray, i came to realise no matter how many times i brought him back to the vet, he is bound to have injuries again - as long as he is a stray. also, i do not have the accomodation to contain him when he is sick. it took about 3 weeks for me to come office early and leave late to feed him medicine everyday and feeling like an illegal immigrant because i hid him in the office (my bosses didnt know).i really pity him but i couldn't do anything more for him as i have financial difficulties (i do feed him canned food everyday). i know some of you might be thinking why not ask people to adopt him?..i am an introvert and i have anxiety problems when it comes to people interaction..it's really terrible for me.. or something like calling the pet rescues..i tried and got bad experiences so nah..

so it comes to the main point where i need advice on what to do to him to make him feel comfortable during the time with us. like for example getting him a bed area to stay in office? or putting a cardboard house outside the office and hopes he uses it? he is a very weird cat, he likes to sleep below my feet or in boxes. he doesn't like to play with anything but hes very affectionate lil' guy. i hope there will be kind advices given for me..hope u guys understand my plight that i am in :(

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can only say is there a co-worker that'd call for u? You have been a hero but he needs more vet care. Please see if anyone in office can call or help? If not, please try to call a Humane Shelter & say he is injured & needs care asap. If hurt it is their legal right to take him in, as they can't refuse to see him or a vet in their shelter! TY so much for caring of him & canned food/meds. You are an Angel to him. Please please, ask in office to call for you or give someone here the area, so they can send a Shelter to u to get him asap. TY again & I hope others can help on here as they're better than I for sure.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree that you have been absolutely wonderful to him. Yes, he might sleep in a bed near the door, or not. It can be hard to tell. But it sounds as if he is in danger, especially since this is an industrial area. I think having someone call for you, or even making one call if you can and asking for resources is the best idea. Can you google anything for your area regarding help for stray cats or rescues.

You took him to the vet. Can they give you any help with having a rescue take him?