Advice?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just use the bottle now since she took it. When she stops, she's full.

Do not use the syringe. Feed every 4 hours only.

Measure what you put in the bottle so you know how much she drinks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will. I usually do meaasure what I put in the bottle but I didn't think she would take it. If she's not drinking the minimum, I shouldn't syringe the rest?

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, will do.

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Must means she's feeling a bit better :-)

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She ate of the bottle but only ate about 6.7 ml which is not enough. How do you know she won't begin to lose weight?

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Should I just wait for her appetite to increase or I could see if she eats at three hours.

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay.

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay so I took the kitten to the shelter this morning just so that she can get medicine for her uri and I also told them about her stool. They have her a gel orally to ease her tummy.

The other day when I bought powdered formula, I bought the pet ag brand but it's the petlac instead of the KMR. Today I was able to find KMR so I got it. Do you think she would do better on the KMR or should I wait to switch because of the stomach problems? They are both the pet ag brand but they are different formulas.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What made you think she has a URI?

What did the shelter give her for the URI?

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Clavamox. She was sneezing and has nasal discharge.

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay I will.

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol thank you!! I love doing it! If I could stop worrying so much about everything, it'd be even better.

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is one big adult roundworm. It had to have been living and breeding in her for some time. I am so glad you got her on wormer medication. She should be feeling much better soon.

I've seen worms do some pretty horrific things to baby animals, every time I see one I totally freak out.
So glad you caught this.
That's amazing to see this. Amazing in a bad way.... that's horrible - it's so huge in such a small little baby kitten/ Thanks for posting this. I had no idea something that long could live in such a little kitten. Poor kitten! Thank goodness she is on worming meds, no wonder she was struggling to grow. Let's hope she makes amazing progress from here on. Thank you for posting. Really informative to see it just sorry you have to deal with it.

Do ALL kittens get worms no matter what?? We have 6 day old kittens and we have Panacur that the vet said to give at 2, 5 and 8 weeks, do you need to do this no matter what or only if they show signs of worms?? I'm definitely on the preventative tip but less so when it's "big Pharma' type preventative things as often they cause more harm than good - in humans anyway, Panacur seems to work wonders for kittens, be great if someone could advise on this. Sarthur2 Sarthur2 maybe? Thank you if you can xx

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol thank you!! I love doing it! If I could stop worrying so much about everything, it'd be even better.
Calm down and breathe. You are doing great. She is eating well, and you are catching everything early enough to take care of it.

Just breathe. And she's adorable.

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Crying does not always mean hunger. She is a baby and wants comfort.

Getting her on a 4-hour schedule and sticking with it will be good for her.
Yes our 6 day old kittens wake up and cry but then settle down again. Sometimes mama comes in and they are all super excited and go and suckle, other times she must know not to bother and they settle down again. Thank you for all your tireless work supporting this beautiful little soul. I really hope she grows big and strong xxxx you're amazing doing all this for her, she is a lucky kitten xxxx