Advice please!

chloe80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've got a bit of a dilemma about a new job I've been offered and I could really do with hearing some opinions from folk. We're getting a tiny new kitten as a companion (hopefully!) to my older cat, and that means someone needs to be at home for the next few months to supervise the settling in period. I work 9-5 hours in an office at the moment but I've been trying to find employment where I can work from home - it would be useful to my family as well as the cats! Anyway, yesterday I was offered work with an essay writing service, which means I can work flexibly. But I'm not sure if I should take it - I know a lot of people feel quite strongly about this kind of thing. Can I get your opinions please? I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've got a bit of a dilemma about a new job I've been offered ..........

But I'm not sure if I should take it - I know a lot of people feel quite strongly about this kind of thing. Can I get your opinions please? I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.
I'm not sure I understand.  What exactly is your dilemma, and what is it that you think some people feel strongly about?

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think OP is asking for opinions on the ethics of essay writing services. Basically people pay writers to write essays for them.

I personally think you shouldn't care too much on what other people think. It's a legal way to make money, and if it fits your lifestyle, your interests and such, why not?

Me? I think essay writing services, while legitimate, are prone to abuses that are not the company's or writer's fault. Essay writing services can be useful for professional purposes, for example, articulating a business proposition to your boss. However, I'm guessing academic students use them in a not so honest way, i.e plagiarism.

It depends on what your position is. I . Know a couple of writing services that explicitly say that their essays are model eats inky, and are not meant to be turned in for academic credit, and that they do not condone plagiarism. So there's that, but ultimately, a determined student will find a way to be academically dishonest, whether or not it involves essay writing services.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think OP is asking for opinions on the ethics of essay writing services. Basically people pay writers to write essays for them.
Oh. Never heard of a professional service for that. I thought kids just found people on campus.

Anyway, if Chloe has no problem writing essays for other people, and it pays her enough to live on, then why not take the job?  It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, only what Chloe does.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had no idea there were places that did this.  Thought it was just word of mouth on campuses/facebook sort of thing.

If you can live with it do it.  You can always quit/get into something else down road if you change mind.  I feel you may have some hesitation if asking online and if the 9-5 is a great fit personally I would stay.  A kitten can be worked into the house still just a lot harder  Even if you are there 24/7 no guarantee older cat will accept kitten anyway. You could always keep kitten in a spare room till big enough to be able to reliable run off if in trouble

crazyporker101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I might speak in ignorance from other people's points of view, but I'd say roll with the essay service.  

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I personally think you shouldn't care too much on what other people think. It's a legal way to make money, and if it fits your lifestyle, your interests and such, why not?

Me? I think essay writing services, while legitimate, are prone to abuses that are not the company's or writer's fault. Essay writing services can be useful for professional purposes, for example, articulating a business proposition to your boss. However, I'm guessing academic students use them in a not so honest way, i.e plagiarism.

It depends on what your position is. I . Know a couple of writing services that explicitly say that their essays are model eats inky, and are not meant to be turned in for academic credit, and that they do not condone plagiarism. So there's that, but ultimately, a determined student will find a way to be academically dishonest, whether or not it involves essay writing services.
Are these the same essay services that write resumes and cover letters for people?  If so, then I see no wrong in having help with a resume/cover letter to help someone stand out for a job.