Advice Please-Starting My Homework On Norwegian Forest Cats

Nuts Bolts and Screws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all. I am interested in learning more about Norwegian Forest Cats, showing, and what to look for in a reputable cat breeder. I show Great Pyrenees in the AKC conformation world, but I know nothing of showing cats.

I am not looking to get a NFC for a couple of years. I have 2 super senior DSH rescues in my home and don’t want to stress them with any new cats. I would like to spend the next couple of years learning more about my chosen breed and what showing is about with cats.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Showing Household Pets is a great place to start, but your senior cats might not want to show.
You can still attend shows as a spectator to find out how they work and talk to breeders and other exhibitors.

Where are you located? CFA and TICA are the two associations with the most shows in the U.S.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nuts Bolts and Screws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have reached out to my friend who breeds them for information for you. She is on the breed council and works with breeders world wide. She asked me what area of the country you are in.
Oh wow, thank you!

I am located in SW Florida. Like I said, I won’t be ready for a couple of years. I do want to be well prepared when the time comes though.