Advice, Opinions re Kitchen Aid Pasta Maker

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Does anybody have a pasta maker for your KA mixer? Do you use it? Do you like it? What all does it make? Just regular flat pasta or does it also make shaped pasta? Rick's mom gave me her old Atlas pasta maker and I've used it, but it really only makes flat-type noodles: fettuccine, noodles, etc. I've also made noodles completely from scratch where you simply roll the dough really thin and slice the noodles. I also have Evelyn's noodle dryer, so that I can dry my noodles (if I can keep the thing away from the cats).

I have the food grinder and use that to make Mom's cranberry relish for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

But I'm thinking about buying the pasta maker. I go to the store and the blasted store is completely out of every noodle/pasta that's made, except for the really expensive stuff.

Thoughts? Thank you!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I didn't even know there was such a thing! I should look at the available attachments for my mixer. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
There is a pasta attachment that rolls the dough thinly for flat noodles (fettuccine, lasagna, etc.). Then there is a pasta extruder that creates different pasta shapes from dough balls that you push through. Both attach to the KA stand mixer. I bought the extruder. It received some really good reviews (as well as some not-so-good). I got mine from Amazon; KA has the same thing for the same price.

Maker Inspired Stand Mixer Attachments