Advice On Wet Food For Senior Cat

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey..Im back...I need some advice on some good wet foods for my (11 yr old baby boy...Snowball )I know the gravy sensations isnt the best..but hes gotten really picky...He likes gravy...n small pieces of the poultry flavors...But he acts like hes not satisfied..n then he goes to the closet where used to keep his grass USED to give him..u know the cat grass...I stopped givn to him awhile back..Ive heard cats eat grass when sick...but he was throwing it up so I stopped..but i THINK that was the purpose of the grass if I understand correctly...But I am going to start him on a probiotic this week..read that is good for a cats digestion n overall health...But im not sure if the gravy sensations is even THEN a good idea..He likes really only poultry flavors..n gravy...n NOT pates..Advice....THANKS...:):hellocomputer::whitecat:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! You're right, it does sound as though his stomach is upset.

Can you try a food called Tiny Tiger from chewy . com?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Try kitten food too, more nutritious and more calories so they can eat less.
So it would be better to purchase a wet kitten food..or dry kitten..food preferably wet..instead of gravy sensations....Any suggestions???So ure saying its heathier for a 11 yr old cat to eat kitten food...wet or dry..probably wet..more wet...Than to eat some adult cat foods????Cause maybe older cats stomach is more sensitive...Any food suggestions

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Older cats have a harder time keeping weight on. Kitten food is more calorically dense, which helps them keep/put on weight. My mom has a senior cat (15ish) and we feed her Fancy Feast/Special Kitty kitten food.

I second trying the Tiny Tiger from Chew (dot) com. They have a chunks in gravy and a chunks in extra gravy variety. :)

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Older cats have a harder time keeping weight on. Kitten food is more calorically dense, which helps them keep/put on weight. My mom has a senior cat (15ish) and we feed her Fancy Feast/Special Kitty kitten food.

I second trying the Tiny Tiger from Chew (dot) com. They have a chunks in gravy and a chunks in extra gravy variety. :)
My cat dont have a problem keeping weight on..he just acts like hes not interested anymore in the gravy sensations..n after he does eat..he goes to closet looking for his grass..im thinking its the gravy sensations making his tummy feel bad..cause that's what he would eat for abit..n nothing else..Are the chunks very big in tiny tiger????

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Or, if the chunks are too big for snowballs preference, you could cut them up, possibly.
Im also thinking..when he starts his probiotic..this week..thats gonna help his tummy alot...and feeding him gravy sensations..even though he likes it ..it dont like him...yikes...and its probably no offense to anyone but it maybe like feeding him junk food????Possibly????

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gravy Sensations is not junk food, it is formulated for adult cats and has taurine and the nutrition he needs. If he likes it, keep feeding him it. Cats eat grass because they enjoy it. Many do not throw up unless they eat a lot. They instinctively eat it to regurgitate hair balls, bones and parasites in the wild. I don't think he is eating it because his stomach is upset, I think it is instinct and he enjoys it. You might try giving him a small amount and see how he does.

kmoulus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Speedy was also a gravy hog, she would lick up all the gravy and leave the meat behind. And she was not into pate, either. I spent a few years pureeing Weruva in the blender until they came out with their Slide n Serve pouches. Holy cow, that was life changing for both of us. It is not a pate, it is more like a puree or a mousse. You might give it a try, as well as Tiki Cat Velvet Mousse. Speedy liked them both.