Advice on keeping eal kittens confined for2 weeks.

2 dozen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have trapped 4 kittens but bought wormer from organization doing  the surgery. Second dose is to be administered in 2 weeks time, do I keep them in small dog crates for the duration or just release them and add med to food I leave for them.

No way to ascertain they get correct dose either way.

Thanks for any responses.

Karen 

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you relocating them or are they just being returned to the property they came from?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2 dozen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am returning them to original trapping site. Ran out of people to take the socialized kittens, that is why I have 13 cats in the house! So everyone goes back outside as much as that is very bothersome to me.

I have decided to return them today before their mama, who I was unsuccessful in trapping, forgets who they are.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Karen

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I am returning them to original trapping site. Ran out of people to take the socialized kittens, that is why I have 13 cats in the house! So everyone goes back outside as much as that is very bothersome to me.

I have decided to return them today before their mama, who I was unsuccessful in trapping, forgets who they are.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Karen
No easy decision, but if there is still their mama, it may be the least bad solution.   Or if putting in other words, the relatively best decision, in these circumstances.

Tx a lot for helping them!

Last edited:

2 dozen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you StefanZ. I am still waffling as to what to do. Needless to say, they are so adorable. Fluffy. About 4-5 mths old, maybe too late to socialize anyway.

Karen

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Thank you StefanZ. I am still waffling as to what to do. Needless to say, they are so adorable. Fluffy. About 4-5 mths old, maybe too late to socialize anyway.

Karen
I want to believe its fully possible to socialize them.  But at this age it will almost surely take time, effort, determination. Love you do surely have aplenty. So it depends on if you DO have the time and possibility to put the effort.    AND finding them adoption homes.    If you cant find them homes, it may be better not to socialize them.   After all, NOW they are decently used to live outside, raised from a homeless mom.  If you try to socialize them, and after a half year find they are OK socialized, but you cant find them a home...   In that situation it will be terrible to let them out.

But tell me, you cant find adoption homes at all, or you cant find adoption homes whom want to adopt shy, eel-like smeiferales?

If the SECOND, you can perhaps find "sponsors" whom promise to adopt them, IF you manage to foster them?

If so, there is suddenly a solution for this dilemma.

Last edited:

2 dozen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
StefanZ, that was very helpful, thank you. Cannot find homes for anymore kittens so it is best I return them to mommy ASAP.

Shall do so today.

Karen