Advice on bald spot on ear please

laranagitana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

The vet said it was not ringworm and gave her last Thursday isaderm but the patch grew bigger and also there are like tiny brown dots/scabs
It is not itchy (she doesn't scratch ) and doesn't seem to have ear mites
She is on a hypoallergic diet ( hills z/d)
Any advice please?

fodder

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really have no experience with anything like this but just some thoughts. Is it possible those brown spots are dried blood? you could wet a tissue and touch it on to see if it turns red. Just thought it may possibly be from flea bites or something similar. Maybe she has an allergy to something.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I am not saying the vet is wrong, just wondering if he did a fungal test or just viewed it with a  Woods lamp?
Ummm....my thoughts too. Only 65% of ringworm strains glow, and commonly seen in ringworm are the black spots.

Just saying, if he did not do a scraping then it surely should be done asap.

lawrencb22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks more like a scratch then ringworm. Are the cats ears cleans? There might be something in the ears that's causing the cat to each them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laranagitana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He didn't a scraping came negative for ringworm parasites bacteria etc
This is what currently looks like. Could it be food allergy? She is on hills zd already for food intolerances that gave her severe diarrhoea and vomiting but never skin problems. Vet said it was not allergy because it is not itchy. He said it could be stress related alopecia? She had a dental extraction a month before it started. This what it looks like now