Advice needed regarding fibrosarcoma

gordonsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been reading older posts and would like to hear from anyone who has had a cat diagnosed with this in the past and how that cat is doing now, or if passed, how it progressed (not looking to open up old hurts as I have lost enough of my babies to know that the pain never goes away).

Yesterday, my 15 year old tux, Hanna, had surgery to remove a fast growing lump that was not painful but was oozing. The incision is unbelievably large, and my vet is pretty sure it is fibrosarcoma - just waiting for the pathology results to make sure he got all the margins. I previously had another senior cat that had this surgery, but it was benign, which we pretty much expected since the lump grew over a period of years and was only removed when it started bleeding profusely. Brady is doing very well now, other than dealing with old age. Hanna's appeared less than a month ago and got huge very quickly.

I know the chances of it growing back and thinking ahead (which I probably should not be doing), I want to be prepared to make the right decisions for her, not for me. She has been healthy otherwise, blood work all excellent, and a large, strong cat. Right now as she hides under the bed not eating or moving, she does not look very big or strong, but the surgery was only a day ago so giving her time.

Any feedback welcome and appreciated.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry that you are going through this. UNTIL one of our members with direct experience spots your thread, if you click on the search button at the top right of the screen and key in "fibrosarcoma" you will find a number of threads from members who have gone through this.

Meanwhile, the best I can personally do is get a candle lit for Hanna right now!

00LitCandle.jpeg