Advice for tripawd care please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anjak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just wanted to share with you all that Rasta is doing really well 🙌 turns out the stairs are no issue for him at all, even without carpet. He now goes outside & has settled in to a happy routine. He’s come such a long way in a relatively short space of time. Once his fur grows back, you would be hard pushed to notice that he is tripawd! Thank you so much for all your supportive comments & advice when I needed it most. To anyone else facing the same dilemma about amputation, it really isn’t as much of a struggle as it might seem & for Rasta it was the right decision to make. He set the pace for his recovery & was keen to get out of confinement for cuddles much sooner than expected. His wounds have healed quickly & he is back to being the happy cat we love so much 💗🐾🐾🐾 x

Attachments

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to share with you all that Rasta is doing really well 🙌 turns out the stairs are no issue for him at all, even without carpet. He now goes outside & has settled in to a happy routine. He’s come such a long way in a relatively short space of time. Once his fur grows back, you would be hard pushed to notice that he is tripawd! Thank you so much for all your supportive comments & advice when I needed it most. To anyone else facing the same dilemma about amputation, it really isn’t as much of a struggle as it might seem & for Rasta it was the right decision to make. He set the pace for his recovery & was keen to get out of confinement for cuddles much sooner than expected. His wounds have healed quickly & he is back to being the happy cat we love so much 💗🐾🐾🐾 x
That's great to hear!

I actually have been talking to someone else online with a tripawd, and asking her how play is different. She shared a video with me, in which the cat often kind of waited for toys to come to him before starting to play. He is also older though, and overweight.

I don't know anything about owning such a cat, but I imagine that making a little extra effort to get them to exercise daily is important to maximize their lifespans.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anjak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's great to hear!

I actually have been talking to someone else online with a tripawd, and asking her how play is different. She shared a video with me, in which the cat often kind of waited for toys to come to him before starting to play. He is also older though, and overweight.

I don't know anything about owning such a cat, but I imagine that making a little extra effort to get them to exercise daily is important to maximize their lifespans.
Rasta’s weight was a concern too initially, & whether it would put too much strain on his existing leg, but now that he’s on cisapride for regular bowel movements & omega3 fish oil for his joints, he seems to be coping remarkably well… I would tentatively say he appears to be losing weight. I’m trying to keep this in check & have reduced his food portions accordingly. He was never the most active cat but he now seems to like being outside & I even saw him do a ‘hoppy’ run this morning! 😂 I can see that his playful nature is returning, though I think it’ll take him a little longer before he adapts fully to his limitations. It’s still early days yet, so I’m letting him take things at his own pace 💗🐾🐾🐾 x

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is wonderful news and I am not surprised that he has done well with your help. He will definitely live a normal and fun filled life. He looks great in his pic!