Advice For New Kitten Not Eating, Drinking, Using The Bathroom

Jmatthews91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I recently adopted a 3 month old Siamese mix kitten 5 days ago. The person I adopted her from told me she was litter box trained and eating on her own. The first day I had her she didn't eat at all and I thought she just needed time to adjust to her new environment. I tried feeding her wet food that she ate a small amount of the second day but noticed she was vomiting. So I asked the original owner what food she was feeding her and went out to buy the same one. I gave her the dry food she was eating before I got her and she still does not want to eat or drink water. She is also urinating on my floor and hasn't had a bowel movement since I brought her home. She does not seem sick at all, she is very playful and vocal. I am confused what the problem may be? I also tried mixing kitten replacement milk in her food to entice her to eat but with no success. She is 3 months old so she shouldn't have a problem eating and using the bathroom on her own so are there any suggestions I should try before taking her to the vet?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is not pooping and is vomiting what little amounts of food she eats, I would suspect a blockage. She may have swallowed a piece of string or small toy which got lodged. At three months old, she should be an eating and pooping machine.

Sorry, I don't have a home remedy to offer. The cause may be something other than a blockage, but she needs to see a veterinarian for a definitive diagnosis.

carebare

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The person you bought her from has an obligation as you received a sick cat. Not eating, vomiting, peeing on floor can be symptoms of a serious illness. Kittens are food/poop machines.