Advice For Adopting An Older Cat

MamaOf4Boys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We were recently searching for a Bengal to either rescue or rehome and we came across a very nice lady who is rehoming her gorgeous boy since she doesn't have enough time for him. He is going to be 2 in April and we are just SO excited to meet him!! We will be doing slow introductions with our other 3 cats (1 Bengal and 2 Siamese - all under 1 yr) but any advice to make him feel more comfortable in his new home/help him bond with us would be greatly appreciated. All of his belongings will be coming with him as well (beds, toys, cat tree, litter box etc) so I'm hoping that will make the transition easier as well.
Here's a picture! His name is Chester
P11-03-19_10.24[1].jpg
P11-03-19_10.20[2].jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since you already have 3 cats, and I only one, you probably know way more about introducing cats than I do. And FeebysOwner FeebysOwner and Furballsmom Furballsmom have already posted links to the articles I was thinking of, so all I can really say is "good luck". And post more pics of him once he's home. :camera:

Actually here's one more link that might be helpful. It's an older thread titled What Was Your Cat's Behavior Like In The First Day? which will let you see all different behaviours of cats on their first day in their new homes.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just follow the normal introduction guidance of keeping him confined and separate, and exchanging their smells etc. But I sense they will get along well in no time given how social all theese breeds are and how they love the company of other cats. Provided he doesn’t have any issues all should go great.
I think it’s wonderful you’re giving him a loving home so perfect for Bengal: full of other cats :)
Good luck!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This may sound silly, but it makes a huge difference. From the moment you bring the new one in until forever, you need to be absolutely, positive down to your toes that this is going to work just fine and everyone will be happy. They know what you're feeling and your current kits will go with it. If you are positive they'll be more relaxed. If you are doubtful, they'll want to help you remove the cause of your doubts, this new cat that wedged his way in while you were coming in the door.

Be happy, be positive and don't worry abut scuffles.