Adventures In The Kitchen

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Disclaimer: I know quite well that adult cats especially shouldn't drink cows milk and that some meats are no no's for every day feeding. Beef scraps are reserved for the dog. The cats usually act as dishwashers and occasionally indulge in milk product scraps like bits of cheese, sour cream, vanilla ice cream drips... these are occasional treats and not everyday foods for them.

I have a cat named Petie. He is blind and he is a character. Because of his disability I am a bit more permissive with him sometimes. Sometimes I have to take responsibility for his accidents.
A long time ago I trained Petie to sit patiently on the counter and wait for snacks. It was a compromise. He spent a year and a half not even knowing that counter tops existed. Once he discovered them and the treasures they held he became like a feline Helen Keller, I think it is a fair comparison; he too spent a long time unable to understand or communicate with the world around him.
No, jump up, get down, even his name were only sounds with no real meaning, I had to physically teach them to him. He couldn't communicate with other cats at all, he could only react to them, this is something i didn't think about for years.
The compromise. He wanted the yummy food and would get in the way of the knife or steal pieces of meat and cheese so I taught him to wait for the food to be offered.
In July I placed a pan containing pork tenderloin in a bad spot on the counter. He was anticipating a yummy pork broth and accidentally pulled the entire pan down. Luckily he was unhurt. I was mad about the meat but I was mad at myself. I had placed it near the edge of the counter. It was an accident.

Ok. So, last night I was tired. Me and my husband haven't slept much lately. I cooked beef for soft tacos. Petie didn't care about the beef but he loves sour cream. He also loves to lick the pan when the meat is gone.
My husband made his tacos and then i heard a loud noise and him swearing, then Petie ran into the living room covered in sour cream!
Hubs called the dog to clean up the mess on the floor, I told Jeff to make another plate and then I called Petie into the bathroom. I was not getting that mess all over my hands. I put him into the bathtub and ran some lukewarm water at a quiet level and rinsed him off. He complained but he didn't fight.
I brought him a clean towel and swaddled him in it and he was so happy.
I have no pictures. Somehow when disaster strikes my first inclination is not to pick up a camera.

Attachments

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
:lol::lol::lol: Was he acting embarrassed? Abby always acts embarrassed when one of her plans goes horribly wrong.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Petie has no shame. He wasn't embarrassed at all. I think he got a little scared by the yell. The hot sauce was pretty spicy so I think he was glad I cleaned it off.
Recently he fell from the living room window. We live in a trailer so the fall isn't far. He stood in one spot and waited for me to get him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Like a dripping white and red saddle!