Adult male still having issues with aggression

Sickkshouting

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I posted about my cat George a while ago & his issue with aggression. I thought it was something with just my daughter but he’s started doing it to me and my other half too :/ just now I was laying in bed petting him, usually his fave, and he walked off to the side of where I was laying then just lunged at my head (got my ear pretty good), I jumped up, & he actually kept coming after me. He was totally puffed up, ears pinned, low meows everything. My other half went to get between us and he went after him as well, not surprised considering he was so agitated. I haven’t seen any animals today, no perfume, nothing different as far as smells. It was nice and quiet & calm, my daughter is actually at a sleepover so it’s quieter than usual. These random attacks started maybe a year ago or so & have gotten more frequent and worse. It’s almost like he is so agitated he doesn’t recognize us? I’m just at a loss. I tried many things suggested to me in my last post, calming methods, he has a room we put him in when he’s agitated so he can calm down. Nothing seems to be working for him :/ it’s like his personality has changed if that makes sense. I’m really sad because he’s my baby & I love him
Very much but I don’t feel like I can trust him when he just gets this uncontrollable aggression seemingly at random & that breaks my heart. I’m going to call my vet tomorrow & explain this and see what their advice is. I don’t even really know if I’m asking a question here I’m just really sad and confused, feeling defeated like I’m going to lose a pet I love very much because I can’t figure out how to help.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you sure he enjoys long petting sessions and is not getting overstimulated by them?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is time for a vet to take a look at him. There may be a physical reason for this, an illness or painful condition that is causing it. If there is not, then perhaps your vet could prescribe a mood stabilizer for him. But, yes, do make that appointment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sickkshouting

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you sure he enjoys long petting sessions and is not getting overstimulated by them?
Yes :/ he’s a very affectionate cat, will head butt yer hands, he jumps up to lick my face, he usually loves getting love. This time he was laying on me and just kinda walked off like they do & 2 seconds later bam. The attacks aren’t always when he’s getting love, they’ve been random too :/ I’m going to talk to the vet today or Monday if they’re closed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sickkshouting

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is time for a vet to take a look at him. There may be a physical reason for this, an illness or painful condition that is causing it. If there is not, then perhaps your vet could prescribe a mood stabilizer for him. But, yes, do make that appointment.
Yep, I’ll be doing that ASAP. It’s just making me really sad :/ he’s been my baby since he was teeny, always cuddled up as soon as I got in bed, as soon as I’d sit down he’d be in my lap. Now he still wants love a lot, he’s very affectionate but at any moment it’s almost like he’s got no clue where he is or who we are. It’s kinda scary too cause he’s a big boy, just under 20lbs. Hopefully the vet will have some answers. I hate this whole situation, it’s heart breaking. Thanks for the replies!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't forget to let us know what the vet says. We'll be fretting.

lmdisalle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, I’ll be doing that ASAP. It’s just making me really sad :/ he’s been my baby since he was teeny, always cuddled up as soon as I got in bed, as soon as I’d sit down he’d be in my lap. Now he still wants love a lot, he’s very affectionate but at any moment it’s almost like he’s got no clue where he is or who we are. It’s kinda scary too cause he’s a big boy, just under 20lbs. Hopefully the vet will have some answers. I hate this whole situation, it’s heart breaking. Thanks for the replies!
Keep your head up!! There are so many things you can do to help cat aggression. I have been dealing with my 4 year olds anxiety/aggression all of her life. I refuse to give up!
He is so incredibly lucky to have an owner who cares about him so much. You know him better than anyone and are dedicated to helping him.