Adult coloring books

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
When coloring was the 'in phase', was about the time I was going through a tuff phase. I found the coloring so therapeutic, and helpful. I did it nightly.

I have not colored for a year or so..

Recently, I have been going through another really bad phase. It was suggested I try coloring again, for anxiety releasing...

It did help; but then I stopped.. do not know why.. but I should get back to it. I have 2 sets of pencils and 4 books...

I think I stopped it, because I was able to get back into reading. Since I went back to reading, I am on my 4th book in a month.

So, it will probably be going back and forth between: reading, coloring, and watching some good shows on TV.. Right now, I am catching up on the last season of Poldark.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just ordered 2 coloring books, a set of 36 Prismatic colored pencils and a Prismatic pencil sharpener for DD to go in her stocking. I figured why not revisit this thread? Anyone still coloring out there? DD suffers from anxiety. I figured this might help.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Oooh :hyper:, yes, I am. I go through phases with different crafts and stuff that I do but still love colouring and have my stuff in a little case close to my bed as it's usually something I do when I can't sleep.
Which books have you gone for Kat0121 Kat0121 ?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not coloring as often as I used to because I don't have a lot of time, especially at this time of the year. I'm hoping that, once the holidays are over, and we have the doldrums of the season, I can do some coloring then.

Kat0121 Kat0121 Those books are very nice!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks. I hope she likes them. Target didn't have a great selection when I went looking for stocking stuffers yesterday. I refuse to go to WM

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm.... maybe that's something Ruby could buy her "mama" for Christmas. ;)
So, just in case Ruby asks, are just regular old dollar store colored pencils ok?

Those books look great. Especially the 2nd one. :catman:

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have several coloring books and tons of pencils and gel pens. Probably more than I will ever use! I go through phases where I will spend a lot of time coloring and then I don't do it for awhile. It is amazing to me how much it helps relieve stress and anxiety.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
So I started a new phase of coloring in last night and am working on completely finishing a book of Japanese designs a friend gave me a few years ago. It could take a while though. This was Mouse a couple of minutes ago. :disappointed::angrycat:. Talk about attention seeking... grumpy face or what! I'm taking a short break and of course as soon as I'm available he's off like a shot. :lol:
IMG_20190810_000533.jpg

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am joining this thread today...

I've finally come to see the benefit of relaxing with adult coloring books. Does anyone have any favorites, maybe an updated list, of coloring books I could find at Michael's? We are going there tomorrow to look around. I have a lot of colored pencils, but are there pens that any of you find work out well with these books?

I'm also reminded of when I colored "Doodle Art" posters back when I was a kid:
doodle art posters 1970s at DuckDuckGo

Do they still make things like that? (large posters, not just books)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, I haven't colored since last year, durring one of the hurricanes! (By flashlight, LOL!)
I miss it, but with having a cleaning business for the last 7 yrs, its too much for my hands. I always used pencils & colored hard to get nice saturated color w/ out any white page showing through. It looks great, but killed my hands!
I've got a nice book that my mom bought me a while back, (from Hobby Lobby, I think) called"magical jungle." Lots of pretty jungle & flowers, etc.. but haven't colored in it yet. I may have to try & find an easy page in there to do sometime. Coloring is so therapeutic.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of museums have made coloring pages featuring various works of art:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws I bought a kid's coloring book as my fingers and hands don't
work properly. It is a Frozen coloring book and I got wide magic markers.