Adult coloring books

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you @LTS3  , I really like that 3rd one too.  It lept out at me that night and is one of my favourites.  It was lovely to do, very restful despite being quite fine.

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wish l could get back into Painting but pain stops me even sat down, you never know though,

Jilly

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to colour. These days I do my colouring on the computer in my graphic program. Here are some that I've done.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice pictures, MServant :happy2: I really like the third picture. It's a simple image but sometimes simple is best:) I haven't started any coloring since the last one. I'll pick up again next week while I'm on vacation from work. I'm not going anywhere, just sticking around home.
Those are often the best holidays.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice pictures, MServant :happy2: I really like the third picture. It's a simple image but sometimes simple is best:) I haven't started any coloring since the last one. I'll pick up again next week while I'm on vacation from work. I'm not going anywhere, just sticking around home.
Those are often the best holidays.
Ooh - can you give me some tips on how to get the best out of watercolour pencils? I have a few tins of them (including Derwent Watercolour and Derwent Inktense), but at present am only using them like normal pencils. I'd love to be able to make the most of them.
You know what I'd love to do? Of course you don't. Silly question.
You know that wonderful picture of the cat you did in the start more or less? I'd love to be able to get a transfer and have it on a T-shirt. Well I can dream. It's really beautiful.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice digital coloring, Natalie_ca
Do you use a regular computer mouse to color or do you have one of those pen and computer drawing pad thingies?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nice digital coloring, Natalie_ca
Do you use a regular computer mouse to color or do you have one of those pen and computer drawing pad thingies?
I use the computer mouse.  I do have a Wacon tablet and pens, but I just can't get the hang of using it, so I've given up. The tablet is sitting under a mound of papers on my desk and for awhile it was being used as a place mat for my dinner.  There is just a disconnect between holding an object like a pen, but having to look elsewhere to see what is happening.  I think if I had one of those monitors where you use the pen on the screen while looking at the same screen, it would be easier.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I use the computer mouse.  I do have a Wacon tablet and pens, but I just can't get the hang of using it, so I've given up. The tablet is sitting under a mound of papers on my desk and for awhile it was being used as a place mat for my dinner.  There is just a disconnect between holding an object like a pen, but having to look elsewhere to see what is happening.  I think if I had one of those monitors where you use the pen on the screen while looking at the same screen, it would be easier.
Wow, I am seriously impressed!   I assumed you must be using a pen type system as they are so detailed and fine in parts.    Love some of the colours and how they blend.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I love the cat face @Columbine  , and all the lovely bright colours.

The pears are really restful to look at @LTS3  .   The one you're working on now is a lot busier, and I love the little insects in there.  Do you find you choose different types of design depending on how you're feeling on a particular day?   

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Creative Haven's Creative Cats book is awesome as are the Secret Garden and Enchanted Forest. Johanna Basford has another coming out at the end of October called the Lost Ocean. Can't wait to get started on that one. Glad to see there are some fellow colorers out there :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The pears are really restful to look at @LTS3  .   The one you're working on now is a lot busier, and I love the little insects in there.  Do you find you choose different types of design depending on how you're feeling on a particular day?   
Thanks
Yes, I do pick an image depending on how I feel and how complicated an image I want. I chose the pears because it was pretty simple and wouldn't take long to do. Adnn since it's almost fall (!), I kind of wanted to do a fall / autumn-ish image. I started on the second image while waiting for dinner to cook. I guess I was still leaning towards autumn-ish because I have some autumn-like colors in there like the browns and golden yellows and oranges. But I still mixed in some summer-like colors.
Creative Haven's Creative Cats book is awesome as are the Secret Garden and Enchanted Forest. Johanna Basford has another coming out at the end of October called the Lost Ocean. Can't wait to get started on that one. Glad to see there are some fellow colorers out there
Quite a few of us bought the Creative Cats book 
I think that book was what got a lot of us hooked on coloring

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you sharpen the water color  pencils well then dip them  in water shake them lightly.and then fill your picture in with them. It will look like a water co lour painting. But use water color paper else it will split. If you want to use any silver or gold twinkles shake them on lightly while the paper is still damp.

This is a fun thing to do, get a container that the paper your using fits . Your better to use small sizes then stick them onto a large size when done and dried. Now this is the fun bit. Get some acrylic paint or oil paint and  you will need some shaving foam, just use a cheap one Put some water into the container about 1/4 pint but if the container is large you will have to fill till its a 1/4 up the sides, then drop a 3inch strip of paint and a good lot of foam shaving cream. Don't stir it but get a twig or some sort of  thing that you can run it over the top making a design even a spray of flowers what ever you like.  . Then put the paper on the top and with your stick just push the paper till its gone under the water. Then get hold of a corner and lift it gently out to dry.

Jill

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm loving seeing everyone else's work :clap:

I particularly like your jellyfish MServant - great shading!

LTS3 - I agree with the others that those pears are really restful :nod: I love how that bird design is coming too.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Would filling in pictures in the computer count or is that too different from using coloring pencils? 
It seems easy but it's very hard to fill in all the little spots and pick colors. The great thing about this is that if I'm not happy with the result, I can create a copy and change the copy or just overwrite the colors.

Everyone is doing great! The thread does seem to have slowed down a little. Keep up the great work! 

Last edited:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems easy but it's very hard to fill in all the little spots and pick colors. The great thing about this is that if I'm not happy with the result, I can create a copy and change the copy or just overwrite the colors.

Everyone is doing great! The thread does seem to have slowed down a little. Keep up the great work! 
Yep, it counts! It's still colouring, only done on a computer instead of using pencils/crayons and paper.

I colour using Paint Shop Pro. I look for line drawings online and either flood fill or use my mouse, and sometimes use effects and filters to enhance.